Audio Research VT60 good match for SL3 Panels?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malcesine

Reaction score
hi all ML experts!
I have the chance of a vintage ARC VT60 power amp (50-60 Watts, 6550 Valves) to power the panels on my ML SL3's (bass is handled separately via SS amp)
I currently have a Kora Jupiter Power Amp (40-50W and EL84 tubes) which works pretty well in my small room at moderate volumes on rock/acoustic/indie/blues

Any thoughts on the VT60 / SL3 Panel as a combination?

I would say yes, unless you listen at very loud levels. At one time I had Classic 120's that were 4+ years older model than the V60 and they had no problems with my SL3's.

Hopefully you might be able to try them first but if not I would give it a go if the price is reasonable and they are in good working order.

hi all ML experts!
I have the chance of a vintage ARC VT60 power amp (50-60 Watts, 6550 Valves) to power the panels on my ML SL3's (bass is handled separately via SS amp)
I currently have a Kora Jupiter Power Amp (40-50W and EL84 tubes) which works pretty well in my small room at moderate volumes on rock/acoustic/indie/blues

Any thoughts on the VT60 / SL3 Panel as a combination?

Hola malcesine,
How do you adjust the level between the amps...do they have the same input sensitive? Or one has a volume control? Just curious.
Happy listening!

Hola malcesine,
How do you adjust the level between the amps...do they have the same input sensitive? Or one has a volume control? Just curious.
Happy listening!

missed out on the AR VT60 :-<
On using the two amps, they don't have the same gain, but I can adjust volume on both so I balance the 2 amps at normal listening volume and then only adjust volume of the source(s) afterwards. Its not perfect but works really well for me.

Oh man...sorry you missed out on that amp. I currently run a Jolida JD-1000RC on the panels of my SL3's (and a NAK SS on the woofers...) Love it Love it LOVE IT. Highly recommend.

Back