Any questions for the ML rep?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg_slo

Reaction score
The ML rep for the store i work at is making a visit to the store tom (wednesday the 17th).

anyone have some questions?

~greg

Will they be at RMAF next year? After attending this year for the first time I was highly disappointed they chose not to attend.

Here are a few more:

When is the Vantage X coming out?

How long is the break in period for the CLX?

How many pairs of Summits were sold so far?

The ML rep for the store i work at is making a visit to the store tom (wednesday the 17th).

anyone have some questions?

~greg

Is there an "X" version of the Summit coming out, and if so, roughly when? (A slightly different question to the Summit-X upgrade one posed previously.)

good deal, ill check in tom while at work around 1pm before the rep comes. and indeed tom is the 15th...woops, thanks WB!

~greg

Tomorrows the 15th.

Summit X upgrade, is there one? cost? consists of?

and to add to this question, will the upgraded Summit speaker be equivalent to the new Summit X?

I have heard that they may not be able to fully upgrade the speaker to the new SummitX.

Thanks
Marc

so the rep meet went well. the guy is new as a rep for ML (working for AMG Marketing) and obviously new to the store. The guy has had a few generations of ML...ill try and get him to sign up here!

68sting: No plans for RMAF as of yet

theWB and marck: The Summits will not be upgradeable to Summit X. That was at one time one of MLs goals, but they got carried away with the creation of the design for the X that they wont be able to transition a Summit to an X.

They do plan on revealing the X at CES this January and have a price currently set for $15,000. (and just as of last week ML took the X ideas off paper and into the real world.

David Matz: The Rep had no answers for any of your questions, sorry. (he wasnt sure how many summits, and hadnt heard of a break in time. i need to send the rep an email anyway, so ill ask if he found anything new).

I also got to spend some time listening to the Helos 100 (in boxes that are for paradigm's upper end in ceiling spkrs)...They were brand new before audition today...but as was, they would make bad rrock/metal spkrs, but were quite nice on vocals and music with a more clean sound...ill have to do a review later (if not already done)...its off to the library for now...

~greg

Last edited:
theWB and marck: The Summits will be upgradeable to Summit X. That was at one time one of MLs goals, but they got carried away with the creation of the design for the X that they wont be able to transition a Summit to an X.

So you mean the Summit won't be upgradeable to the Summit X?

theWB and marck: The Summits will not be upgradeable to Summit X. That was at one time one of MLs goals, but they got carried away with the creation of the design for the X that they wont be able to transition a Summit to an X.

They do plan on revealing the X at CES this January and have a price currently set for $15,000. (and just as of last week ML took the X ideas off paper and into the real world.
~greg

Greg,
Thanks for the info
I'm disappointed there won't be an upgrade,
But glad I purchased the Summits when I did.
$15,000 is too rich for my blood.
The high price tag for the X should also help keep the resale value higher for the Summits, for those wanting to sell their Summits and upgrade to the X.

What's weird is that this is the first time in recent memory that a first generation ML product will not be upgradable(?) to the next version. I'm surprised that ML seems to be opting for a larger encloser as my Summits produce all the bass that I (and many others) require. Given the state of the economy, I'm surprised that ML figured that Summit owners would be willing to lose a great deal of value by a proposed trade when they probably could have sold many more possible upgrades.

another neat bit of info i got from the ML rep...of the 100 anniversary CLXs...there were only 19 left as of the 15th of Oct....60 of them were pre-ordered at Munich.

~greg

Back