Another Hello from the UK

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericb

Reaction score
Hello all, I have been lusting over Martin Logans for many years but due to room size & amplifier requirements, have always just dreamt of becoming an ML owner.
Recently I found some Mosaics going at a good price and brought those, wow what a nice introduction to the ML sound.
A few months later saw a pair of Claritys come up and so a quick upgrade saw the Mosaics replaced by the Clarity.
This is where I am at the moment being driven by a Sony AV Amp for movies and a World Audio Design Valve amp for music.
They are fed through a Beresford TC-7220 Switcher that allows them to be connected to both amps at the same time and switched safely between one amp & the other depending on what is being played.
Happy so far but would like to add an ML Centre speaker in the future.
Not quite sure whether a Motion 6 or 8 would do or if something better would be necessary.
Currently using a Dynaudio C122 centre but would like ML fronts completely.
Any thoughts would be welcome.

Welcome!

Have you tried listening to music without the switcher connected, just to hear if it degrades the sound in any way?

Thank you for the welcome Bernard

Yes I have & I have to say that I was sceptical at first but there really is very little if any noticeable degredation in the sound.
The convenience of having two sound systems with one set of speakers is fantastic.
I would not have it connected if the sound was being influenced in a major way.

Quite a good review here for anyone interested ......http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.co...0-what-exactly-is-an-audio-crossover-network/

Hello all, I have been lusting over Martin Logans for many years but due to room size & amplifier requirements, have always just dreamt of becoming an ML owner.
Recently I found some Mosaics going at a good price and brought those, wow what a nice introduction to the ML sound.
A few months later saw a pair of Claritys come up and so a quick upgrade saw the Mosaics replaced by the Clarity.
This is where I am at the moment being driven by a Sony AV Amp for movies and a World Audio Design Valve amp for music.
They are fed through a Beresford TC-7220 Switcher that allows them to be connected to both amps at the same time and switched safely between one amp & the other depending on what is being played.
Happy so far but would like to add an ML Centre speaker in the future.
Not quite sure whether a Motion 6 or 8 would do or if something better would be necessary.
Currently using a Dynaudio C122 centre but would like ML fronts completely.
Any thoughts would be welcome.

Hi Eric,

Beware upgraditis! Now that your taste is getting refined, I suggest you move on to a panel centre channel. I have a Matinee and love it. It is not a current model so if you can get it used, I highly recommed it. You may go large and buy the successor model Motif.

Back