Advice for EM-ESL. Will Emotiva XPA-3 be an upgrade from Pioneer Elite SC-57

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsmithjack

Reaction score
I have a Pioneer Elite SC-57 and everyone says the EM-ESL's love more power so I was wondering if I get an Emotive XPA-3 for my front three (L-C-R) if you guys think it will be a worth while upgrade. The SC-57 has the D3 style Digital Amps 140wpc that seem to have some pretty good kick. I just wanted your opinion if anyone has one if you think this will give my system a little more kick. The XPA-3 has 200wpc at 8ohm to I think 300 at 6ohm which is what the EM-ESL's are. I would love some/any feedback. Thank you

I was using my Denon 3313ci to push my Vistas and a Motif center...well push isn't quite the right word. I couldn't afford the amp I wanted yet, so I went ahead with the Emotiva XPA-3...just got it last week as a matter of fact. I could be completely insane or just some sort of physco-symatic type thing, but I think it sounds much clearer...and very clear at higher volume. I am happy with it. I will be saving up over the next year or two to do more research and save up to hopefully upgrade again. I am pretty sure the 300wpc is at 4ohm though. It seems pretty well built too.

I would go for a B&K if you want to take the edge off the pioneer. If you want to preserve the sound then Anthem has a really sweet top end but not bright.
Emo amps may not be a good choice for electrostats but then again some people really like them because all amps sound the same

And there we go. What you will find with the Emo...is a lot of attitude against them. Anthem = $4000, Emo = $600

The Sunfire amps pair up pretty well with the ESLs.

As for EMO vs...
There are plenty of folks that have compared, just google it.

Latest posts

Back