Adding a second amp?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dadscamaro

Reaction score
Hi, I’m obviously a newbie. I have a parasound 2250v2 amp and I am considering adding a second one(one left and one right)and am wondering 1) how to set up the amps, 2) will this make a difference or am I wasting my money? my system is the parasound amp, parasound preamp and Martin Logan 40i speakers. i realize this isnt a high end system, but it’s what I can afford, so positive responses would totally be appreciated! Thanks.

My own personal view, having tried bi-amping is you'd be better of putting the 2nd amp money elsewhere in your system.
Have done bi-amping using a pair of stereo amps in bridged mono mode and using 2 pairs of monoblocks. Whilst doing it this way fed my audiofool ego 'look at that boys, I've got X wpc feeding my speakers' (Usher Dancer Mini 2 DMDs) the sonic benefits were pretty much zero or minimal at best.
I've also tried it in conjunction with bi-wireing and again found no real sonic benefits. Now with my Summits, to keep my amp & wire fetish/ego in check, I use 1 pair of monos and single wire + matching jumpers.
If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket then either look at upgrading your source or spend it on music.

My own personal view, having tried bi-amping is you'd be better of putting the 2nd amp money elsewhere in your system.
Have done bi-amping using a pair of stereo amps in bridged mono mode and using 2 pairs of monoblocks. Whilst doing it this way fed my audiofool ego 'look at that boys, I've got X wpc feeding my speakers' (Usher Dancer Mini 2 DMDs) the sonic benefits were pretty much zero or minimal at best.
I've also tried it in conjunction with bi-wireing and again found no real sonic benefits. Now with my Summits, to keep my amp & wire fetish/ego in check, I use 1 pair of monos and single wire + matching jumpers.
If you've got money burning a hole in your pocket then either look at upgrading your source or spend it on music.
Thank you! You’ve given me something to research a bit.

Back