Wine & Cheese Thread

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Katnook Estate Coonawarra

I've been quaffing some good ones over the Christmas period, but this was a standout. Katnook Estate "Founders' Block" Cab Sav from Coonawarra, South Australia. Dark and rich plum and blackcurrant, it's just delicious, especially with some spiced gouda.

Being a 2006, I'm laying one down for a few more years.

I snapped this one last night while my head was spinning like a helicopter.

Attachments

• DSC01004.jpg
    DSC01004.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
I've been quaffing some good ones over the Christmas period, but this was a standout. Katnook Estate "Founders' Block" Cab Sav from Coonawarra, South Australia. Dark and rich plum and blackcurrant, it's just delicious, especially with some spiced gouda.

Being a 2006, I'm laying one down for a few more years.

I snapped this one last night while my head was spinning like a helicopter.
I'm surprised, but it's actually available here (the 2008 vintage, that is).

Adam, I didn't actually see it on the shelf, but it's in our liquor store's catalog, so should be available. What I did see was a Katnook sparkler, and almost bought it, until I realized it was a Shiraz. I like Shiraz, but the one sparkling Shiraz I bought a while ago was dreadful; maybe I just can't get my head wrapped around the concept of a sparkling red.

I just wanted to capture here the name of the wonderful wine Roberto and I had when I visited him in Costa Rica. Very highly recommended.

Dinastia Vivanco, Crianza, 2008, Rioja, Spain.

Roberto, I would go so far as to say it was the best wine I've had, and that's no exaggeration,

Yeah, but did you do a DBT with a cheap convenience store wine? If not, I don't think we can rely on your flawed psychosomatic conclusions. Your judgment was obviously influenced by the exotic locale, Roberto's graciousness, and the sultry sounds emanating from his CLX. :ROFL:

:ROFL: You are too much Rich, please come over, I promise to you, that you will have a nice wine too. Happy listening!

:ROFL: You are too much Rich, please come over, I promise to you, that you will have a nice wine too. Happy listening!

Honestly, Roberto, I would be honored to be your guest and do hope to make the trip someday. I would love to visit with Bernard some day, as well.

Rich, I am the one that will be the honored with your presence here. Also, I promise a lot of fun listening to the music. Come to Costa Rica, it is a fun place to visit. We still have a lot of wild life, and the wild animals are easy to spot. The only thing that you have to do, is to get up early in the morning and get to the National Park of your wish to visit. We have also, a lot of biodiversity in fauna and flora. A very small country. One hour driving from San Jose, you are at the Pacific Ocean, and two hours driving from San Jose, you are at the Atlantic Ocean. You can't to this in other countries. Also, our weather is very nice. Two seasons only, dry for four months, and rain for 8 months...December or January are the best months. There will be no rain, and still the vegetation is green. On February, it is too dry, and the color turns to yellow, and very dry, with a lot of fog. Sometimes we have forest fires too on March and April. All I can say is Regards from Costa Rica! and happy listening.

Honestly, Roberto, I would be honored to be your guest and do hope to make the trip someday. I would love to visit with Bernard some day, as well.
Rich, it would be great to have you over. No wildlife, just good music, food, and wine.

Can't do DBT testing with convenience store wines here as our convenience stores don't sell wine. The provincial government has a monopoly on the liquor business.

you guys are making me thirsty…………. I think I'll pour a glass of my favorite every day Porto ……Fonseca Bin#27

Salud! Dave...there is nothing like a good glass of spirit and enjoy the wonderful musicians that we have today in our systems...happy listening too!

I think tonight will be a good night for a nice chilled viognier from the Okanagan. Adam, do you get any access to British Columbia wine in Australia? We get a great variety of wonderful aussy wines over here.

I think tonight will be a good night for a nice chilled viognier from the Okanagan. Adam, do you get any access to British Columbia wine in Australia? We get a great variety of wonderful aussy wines over here.

I must say I've never seen (or had) a wine from BC (or even Canada)!! We don't really get that many wines from the US to be honest - I'm not sure why - must be the terms of trade or something which makes them not viable, because we get plenty of South American ones.

But I've never seen one from Canada. It's a challenge - I'll have to go on a hunt now. What do you suggest as a signature style?

Back