What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got enough time for an album, maybe two before I have to get ready to go to a party. I'd just as soon sit here and crank out the tunes, but one must keep the wifey happy. Listening to Steve Earle and the Dukes (& Duchesses), "The Low Highway". New West Records, 33&1/3. A 2013 release. Good stuff.

Now up is Leo Kottke, "Ice Water". This piece of vinyl is my original version from way back in 1974. Great sound, silent background, incredible guitar and a frog singing. What more could you ask for?

Only a few more minutes of listening, so now enjoying classical via my new to me tuner. I heard a tick, so I know the station is playing vinyl. Since I'm so ignorant regarding classical, I don't know the name of the tune I'm listening to, but I remember it as, "Hello Fada, Hello Mada, Here I Am at Camp Granada", as sung by some comedian in my youth. Just found out it is "Dance Of The Hour" from Fantasia.

Last edited:
Lana_Del_Rey_-_Honeymoon_%28Official_Album_Cover%29.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeymoon_(Lana_Del_Rey_album)

Nice mood on this record.

Back from the gym, listening now to a favorite of mine, The War On Drugs, "Lost In The Dream", vinyl from Secretly Canadian.

Last edited:
Time for a little post bop piano trio/quartet with New Stories, "Speakin' Out". Redbook. Nice groove to this album.

Last edited:
Steel Pulse Smash Hits FLAC rip from CD JRiver MC19 DSD in DoP

Smash.jpg

Trees of Light / ECM CD

Jormin - double bass/ Willemark - voice, fiddle, violin / Nakagawa - 25 string koto

A magical combination of voice with minimal instrumentation. For my tastes, about as "pure" (musically and sonically) as it gets.

Highly recommended.

GG

Must check that one out! I have just bought Hommage to Eberhard Weber long time and wonderful bassist with Jan Garbarek. I have also got Weber's Encore and have yet to listen to either, having been away at a traditional music fest, playing singing and workshopping! ECM not available streamed so may just have to gamble on your pick!
Cheers and hope the ears are improving, Gordon....

Bruce,

Find the CD on Amazon, click on the MP3 version, and listen to the cuts (30 seconds per each). A snapshot but it will give you an idea of what's on the disc.

The ECM label is really outstanding for producing / recording totally original material featuring very talented artists. And the recording quality is typically very good to superb. Suffice to say I have many CD's from this company.

Hearing has not changed but its fine. Does not impact my daily functionality and I still can listen to and enjoy music as I have in the past.

Gordon

Thanks Gordon, will have a listen to the clips on Amazon as you suggest! I have had the pleasure of hearing Jan Garbarek and Hilliard ensemble several times at different venues in Edinburgh, and enjoy Arvo Part on the label too, for example. Good to see you are still enjoying music....... Yours, A fellow ECM user!

One of my all time faves, Bangers and Cash. Highly talented and great recording...80957568.jpg

Just finished listening to Bill Evans, "Soulgrass", a bluegrass - jazz fusion album in Redbook. Note that this is the saxophonist, not the pianist! Now on to "Time Out", by the Dave Brubeck Quartet, re-release by Classic Records, 33&1/3.

Back