What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Living In The Past Jethro Tull LP

jtull.jpg

Back from vacation, boy I missed listening to my system! Now enjoying Anti-'s vinyl release of Calexico's latest, "Edge Of The Sun".

Lucinda Williams, "Down Where The Spirit Meets The Bone". A 2014 Highway 20 Records three disc 33&1/3RPM release. So nice.

Last edited:
Now, for something completely different, Johann Sebastian Bach, Goldberg-Variationen BWV 988 (Clavierubung IV), Wilhelmina Kempff, Piano. An old Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft, 33&1/3.

After a great meal prepared by my wife, I'm mellowed out tonight. Just finished listening to Jason Isbell, "Southeastern", Southeastern Records, 33&1/3. Now onto "Draw The Line", a nice 2009 double vinyl David Gray album by IHT Records/Mercer Street Records.

Last edited:
Now, for something completely different, Johann Sebastian Bach, Goldberg-Variationen BWV 988 (Clavierubung IV), Wilhelmina Kempff, Piano. An old Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft, 33&1/3.
Strange....I had never heard of Wilhelmina Kempff until now.

Strange....I had never heard of Wilhelmina Kempff until now.

Thanks Bernard. It seems one of the features of iPad is to add characters if it feels like it! Correct first name is Wilhelm.

Definitely worth listening. I'm pretty ignorant most things classical, but I found this a nice listen. This was in the record collection I received from my mother when my dad passed away. Sadly, she had not stored them very well and I ended up tossing the majority, but kept some various classical and jazz albums which were in good shape.

Last edited:
Thanks Bernard. It seems one of the features of iPad is to add characters if it feels like it! Correct first name is Wilhelm.

Definitely worth listening. I'm pretty ignorant most things classical, but I found this a nice listen. This was in the record collection I received from my mother when my dad passed away. Sadly, she had not stored them very well and I ended up tossing the majority, but kept some various classical and jazz albums which were in good shape.
I'm not a fan of Bach (too mathematical), but Kempff is one of my favorite pianists for Beethoven....you should get his sonatas and 5 concerti.

The Jazz Messengers, "The Jazz Messengers". Sony rerelease of the Columbia original, 33&1/3 rpm. This iteration of the Jazz Messengers consisted of: Donald Byrd, Hank Mobley, Horace Silver, Doug Watkins and of course, Art Blakey. Talk about a lineup!

Back