What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to take a little break, as my Spatial Isoplane arrived and of course I had to set the Mac mini on it! Looks really nice! Now listening to an ORG 45 RPM re-release of The Gerry Mulligan Quartet, "What Is There To Say?".

Jumped onto the wayback machine and am now listening to Lee Michaels, "Space And First Takes", from my mint 1972 A&M Records pressing.

518wP8X9r4L._SX425_.jpg

Light up, every body.

Mephisto on Reference Recordings 45rpm LP and Belafonte Sings the Blues Analogue Productions LP reissue of the RCA Living Stereo classic.

The Mephisto is stunning tonally and dynamically. The performances are top notch, surfaces are perfect.

mephisto.jpg

The Belafonte reinforces that he was not really a blues artist (duh) but the recording is just so damned good, the songs so well crafted, that if you haven't heard this you owe it to yourself to do so.

Belafonte.jpg

Last edited:
"Cookin'", with THE Miles Davis Quintet. This is the Analogue Productions 33&1/3RPM reissue. I've also got their five volume 45RPM box set of the Prestge series, but this version is very close in sound quality. I just counted 22 records of Miles in my rack, so I guess I like his music!

And now something completely different, Miles Davis, "In A Silent Way". This reissue from Columbia/Sony is very well done. 33&1/3RPM.

Last edited:
Now onto a double vinyl set from Motorik Recordings, "Subterranean, New Designs On Bowie's Berlin", by Dylan Howe. I believe I had to order this album from Europe. Very, very nice. Dylan Howe - drums, Mark Hodgson or Nick Pini - double bass, Ross Stanley - piano and synths, Brandon Allen and Julian Siegel - tenor sax, Adrian Utley - guitar and Steve Howe - Koto.

Back