What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, "Lifeline", 33&1/3. From the liner notes...Lifeline was recorded and mixed in 7 days on a 16-track analog tape machine. No computers or pro-tools were used anywhere in the process.

Last edited:
Didn't go to the gym today, instead went for a nice motorcycle ride. With absolutely beautiful weather, it was hard to resist. Now listening to Van Wilks, "Texas Jukin'". Redbook.

I got interrupted and ended up listening to it as background, so haven't formed an opinion, yet. It did seem awfully brief, though. I'll give it a good listen soon and let you know more.

Serenade for tenor horn and strings Op 31 Pastoral

Scottish Ensemble

Linn Classical previews our range of award-winning classical albums. Immaculate recordings of the greatest performances.

Herbie Hancock, "Empyrean Isles". Music Matters Definitive Blue Note 45rpm reissue. It's been raining here all day and I like to listen to Herbie when it's raining.

That last Herbie Hancock album was so good, I am now listening to his, "Inventions & Dimensions" Blue Note 45 re-release by Music Matters.

345zzu8.jpg

Steven Wilson's brand new remix of this GG classic is, in a word, phenomenal. Redbook + Blu-ray with 96/24 LPCM Stereo, DTS/MA 5.1 and bonus tracks.

Available from Burning Shed, etc.

Steve, I'm a big Wilco fan, but got a little burned out on them for a while. Is the "Star Wars" album a good one? For reference, my favorite has always been "Sky Blue Sky".

Tim, I just finished listening to the album again, this time at a decent volume and no distractions! I must say that this is my least favorite Wilco album. There were no tunes that grabbed me or had me humming them after the album finished. As a matter of fact, tho only song that I can remember the tune of is the last song. The recording is very "in your face" and very loud. I had to listen with my volume control set about five DB less than normal. Of course, it may appeal to me on further listening, but for now, that's my opinion.

The Light Brigade; Enoch Light & the Light Brigade; Enoch Light

Corny music but the recordings from the 50'S are very good

Hot Tuna, "Hot Tuna". Recorded live at the New Orleans House, Berkeley. Originally RCA, rerelease by Sundazed. 33&1/3 RPM. A very nice acoustic set with Jorma Kaukonen acoustic guitar, Jack Casady bass and Will Scarlett harmonica.

Back