What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got done listening to the new Shawn Colvin "All Fall Down". Excellent. It's reminds me of her first couple of albums. Listening now to the new Joe Walsh "Analog Man". I love Joe's guitar playing, but his voice is wasted. I'd say pass on this one.

Just got done listening to the new Shawn Colvin "All Fall Down". Excellent. It's reminds me of her first couple of albums.
Say what?! Serves me right for not paying attention.

Ordered and thanks!

Genre: Americana/Bluegrass/Country/Blues/R&B

"Traveler" released in June 2012 on the Entertainment One Music label by Dobro master Jerry Douglas covers a variety of styles. Many guests include Paul Simon, Mumford and Sons, Marc Cohn, Eric Clapton, Keb' Mo' and AKUS. Great guitar work here!!

Attachments

• Jerry.jpg
    Jerry.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
This is the 3rd album of the ORG re-issues of the Black Lion label that I have received. Each complete album set is two 45rpm records and the same song set on a single 33 and 1/3rpm record. This album and the Duke Ellington, "The Feeling of Jazz" are both great re-releases. Dexter is in fine form on this album and the band really clicked. I was a little disappointed with the content of the Miles Davis, "Bopping The Blues", as it is just three retakes of only four different tunes. It's kind of interesting, to hear the differences, but overall, is not a great album, though I liked the four songs. In all album sets, the 45rpm version was much better than the 33 1/3rpm version, though the slower version was still good.
DSC04735-M.jpg

Last edited:
Ennio Morricone Peace notes on blu-ray. Just awesome.

Attachments

• ennio_morricone_-_peace_notes.jpg
    ennio_morricone_-_peace_notes.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 676
Genre: Americana/Bluegrass

Released in 2009 on the Sugar Hill Records label "Fascination" is The Greencards 3rd release. What a nice collection of original acoustic music! Carol Young handles most of the vocals for this trio. I was able to see them live this summer and they played a great show; very talented musicians!

Attachments

• Greencards.jpg
    Greencards.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 388
Jessica Wililams - All Alone

Not sure if I've posted this one before, but if there was ever a case for ES transducers, solo piano is it!!
jw.jpg

Draconian - Arcane Rain Fell
Fabulous gothic death/doom metal album from one of my favorite bands from Sweden. Powerful sounds with haunting melodies and beautiful voices and classical arrangements all mixed into one! Lots of contrast between soft passages and powerful growling. Check out songs like daylight misery, heaven laid in tears, death comes near me. I have all of their albums and they never get old. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350446553.765560.jpg

2004h74.jpg

Dark. Brilliant. AQ to die for, as mixed by John Leventhal (her husband, so extra TLC I s'pose) and Bill Bottrell.

Steven Wilson - The Raven that refused to sing

Steven Wilson - The Raven that refused to sing (and other stories)
genre: Progressive

Wow, just WOW!

This is a masterpiece from someone who is setting the pace in musical creativity over the past two decades. Steven just keeps creating not only great music, but keeps elevating the bar on sonic quality like no one else can.

In this album, engineered by the legendary Alan Parson and mixed by Steven, the richness and depth of sound are astounding. Dynamic range is huge, and the 5.1 high-rez lossless surround mix is spectacular on my rig (which itself is an homage to Mr. Wilson, as that's what it takes to appreciate his recordings to the max).

The BluRay edition is the one to get if you want to hear all that is in these recordings.
Thankfully, it features multiple mixes and formats all on one disc. So you get 24/96 LPCM Stereo mix for all you 2ch afficiondos.
Us surround-heads get both a 5.1 24/96 LPCM and a DTS-HD MasterAudio lossless 24/96 5.1 encoding as well.

There are CD and vinyl editions as well for those living in the past :p

A must own album just for the music, and absolutely a go-to demo disc to show off all your system can do.

Available from Burning Shed and other outlets.

Wilson-TheRavenThatRefusedToSing.jpg

Patricia Barber's newest. SMASH

Oh my. Dare I say it could be her best to date.

Musically and sonically stunning.

GG

61brUnVbEDL.jpg

Astonishing guitar production - positive proof distortion IS good. Nearly fell out of my seat when I heard "I Gotsta Get Paid" loud the other night after a few beers. A follow up listen confirms is really does sound brilliant - it could have been designed for playback on a decent pair of Apogees. Bet it is fab on Logans too.

Genre: Folk/Bluegrass/Americana

Build Me Up From Bones, the third effort from acclaimed 22-year-old singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist Sarah Jarosz was released 9/24/13 on the Sugar Hill label.

This release contains 9 originals and 2 covers. Sarah plays mandolin, clawhammer bango, octave mandolin and acoustic guitar! This is a great listen by a talented young artist!

Attachments

• Sarah 3.jpg
    Sarah 3.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 244
Back