What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something soft and relaxing:ROFL:

system%2Bof%2Ba%2Bdown.jpeg

Todd , what are the fixins for the eating of a hat? :)

In the event you are not at least intrigued by Carlos, I just happen to have a medium rare ribeye chapeau with mushroom duxelle and cognac reduction sauce. Sides will include basil infused shallot mashed yukon gold potatoes and caramelized brussels sprouts with white truffle oil and coarse himalayan pink salt. I should think a good pairing might be a lovely 2004 Cakebread Cabernet.

Even if you are intrigued, I'm still digging in :D

In the event you are not at least intrigued by Carlos, I just happen to have a medium rare ribeye chapeau with mushroom duxelle and cognac reduction sauce. Sides will include basil infused shallot mashed yukon gold potatoes and caramelized brussels sprouts with white truffle oil and coarse himalayan pink salt. I should think a good pairing might be a lovely 2004 Cakebread Cabernet.

Even if you are intrigued, I'm still digging in :D
Todd, that sounds amazing! What's for dessert?

I should mention that I'm a serious foodie - gourmet cook and baker.

Todd, that sounds amazing! What's for dessert?

I should mention that I'm a serious foodie - gourmet cook and baker.

Ahhhhh, for dessert we have an evocative Bananas Foster Flambé with a decadent french vanilla creme gelato, crystalized caramel and aged Guatemalan rum

10_0802feat.jpg

and yes... I'm a bit of a foodie as well... I'll pm you the menu from our most recent yearly "convergence" where myself and a dozen or so lifelong friends get together and cook for one another (and drink way too much too).

I do apologize for lowering the collective forum brow with this one ... but it is a hoot.
Are you kidding? lowering the brow? this is just good fun and should be enjoyed by many.

Cowboy Junkies ~ The Wilderness

I am a Cowboy Junkies JUNKIE! I LOVE this new album. One of my favorite CJ albums. I have all of them on CD and everyone that has been released on vinyl. I've seen them in concert at least a half a dozen times. They're touring right now. I am hoping they come my way again this summer. EXCELLENT live show.

Vivaldi katana twins carducci string quartet
SACD
Just upgrade my amp to a Bryston 6b sst2 to drive my Montis and Stage. This music highlights the improvements and sounds great!

J

Genre: Rock, Folk, Country, Pop

Released on CD in 2004 on the Red House label, Lucy Kaplansky's "The Red Thread" has a little bit of everything. The mostly acoustic disc highlights Lucy's wonderful vocals! Good clean recording here!

Attachments

• Lucy.jpg
    Lucy.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 333
Just listened to this guy's Requiem in D minor. Such an immersive experience. This AliaVox version is crystal clear and so... transportive! Easily my favorite version.

............................... ^ click me ^ .............................

slits-cut_1979.jpg

Genre - hm - reggae and ska influences.

Went round to listen to some MBL 116Fs armed with this and the Tosca CD mentioned earlier (and quite a few others). The MBL owner is a classical music lover. So much to my surprise he actually really liked this and the Tosca CD - so he bought them both.

When the step father of the lead singer of this band (Ari Up) heard of her death in 2010, he remarked "there is no god". That step father was John Lydon aka Johnny Rotten formerly of the Sex Pistols.

As you have already deduced from the genre, this sounds nothing like the Sex Pistols. It is, however, very original stuff - and supremely well produced. It sounds great on any system I have heard it on. The vinyl version is on Island (whose record cutting machines were done by Tim De Paravicini) is excellent - on the original pressing at least. But if you get the CD you'll find a cover of Marvin Gaye's Heard It Through The Grapevine - which I have on 12 inch vinyl. It's a great cover.

Their really early stuff was very rough, punky sounding material. Steer clear. But this is ace - and probably not to be played with young children present.

BTW: I had a poster of the cover on my wall when I was a student. It was about 10 foot wide. It was also in the rough part of town - the prostitutes used to stand just outside of my window on the other side of the road. Interesting viewing, to say the least:)

Genre: Folk

Released in 2004 on the Red House label the debut release "40 Days" by The Wailin' Jennys combine beautiful vocals and harmonies with sparse arrangements. This is a solid vocal acoustic disc. The tune "One Voice" really shows off the three different harmonies!

Attachments

• 40 days.jpg
    40 days.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 349
Billie Holiday ~ Songs For Distingue Lovers on SACD
Another outstanding remaster from Analogue Productions

Attachments

• IMG_20120509_191802.jpg
    IMG_20120509_191802.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 443
Good choice, though I prefer the CD since 5.1 music just sounds strange to me (even Steven Wilson mixes). I'm a long time Anathema fan. They have a new album too but I haven't had much time to sit down with it.

Back