What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Genre: Americana

"Give Me All You Got" is the fifth full-length solo album from Austin singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Carrie Rodriguez, released 1/22/13 on the Ninth Street Opus label.

I've seen Carrie live several times and she always plays a great show! Carrie plays mandolin, fiddle, and a 4 string tenor guitar! Good stuff!

Attachments

• carrie.jpg
    carrie.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 259

Aoife O'Donovan's new solo release "Fossils" on Yep Roc Records label is wonderful collection of Americana with a wide range of styles and voice that is simply beautiful! I'm particularly fond of the 2nd track "Briar Rose"!

Her last 10 years were spent as lead vocal for the progressive bluegrass band Crooked Still.

Attachments

• Aoife.jpg
    Aoife.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 240

Aoife O'Donovan's new solo release "Fossils" on Yep Roc Records label is wonderful collection of Americana with a wide range of styles and voice that is simply beautiful! I'm particularly fond of the 2nd track "Briar Rose"!

Her last 10 years were spent as lead vocal for the progressive bluegrass band Crooked Still.
Finally had time to sit down and listen to this last night and it's a lovely album. Thanks, Mark!

This morning it's Neil Young's Greatest Hits.
Doesn't get much better!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 278
Eeek, two in a row, a week apart; anyone here??

This fine afternoon, amid the slushy Vancouver landscape, I picked up an LP today.

The Band - The Last Waltz
3 LP Set- Farewell Concert

Starting the new year off with some great audio+visual experience featuring the recent concert by Steve Hackett at the Hammersmith playing classic Genesis (and early period Hackett ) tunes. Genesis Revisited: Live at Hammersmith [Box Set]

On DVD, the 5.1 audio is good and the video is not bad for a DVD, upscaled by my Oppo 103, it's quite watchable on the 4K projector, I do wish they would release a Bluray edition. Maybe in 2014 ...

The performances are great, some parts of these songs sound better than the original Genesis.

The singer they have does an amazing Peter Gabriel cover and still catches the tone of Phil Colins on the appropriate songs. The rest of the band is likewise first-class.

Recommended to all prog-heads.

GenesisRevisited.jpg

Genesis Revisited: Live at Hammersmith [Box Set]

The newly released, 3 LP - Mark Lanegan - Has God Seen My Shadow, an Anthology 1989-2011

My favorite male performer by a wide margin.

I'm going through a Willie DeVille phase. This guy was a major talent, I'm surprised he wasn't very famous or popular in the U.S, as he was in Europe.

Albums: Willie DeVille Acoustic Trio, In Berlin. The Best of Willy DeVille Live, Come A Little Bit Closer. Last, but not least, Willy DeVille In New Orleans, which is a compilation of his albums, Victory Mixture and Big Easy Fantasy.

Here's a sample with Mark Knopfler..

Whoever remastered these back in 2007 should be horsewhipped.

Whoever remastered these back in 2007 should be horsewhipped.

Perps name is one Nick Davis, and yes, not only whipped, but someone needs to get him a set of speakers with working tweeters. I actually have a preset in my DriveRacks for these recordings, it features major HF roll-off. Can't do anything about the compression though ...

Last edited:
I bought the set of SACDs when they came out and found them pretty much unlistenable. Big disappointment.

On another note.

Brandy Clark voice is kind of a combination of Bonnie Raitt and Linda Ronstadt and music is simular with a bit of new country flavor. She co-wrote hit songs for Miranda Lambert and Band Perry last year but don't hold that against her as I know many don't like so called country music these days.
This is very well recorded CD. I have yet to start to listen to a cut or two and not listen to the entire CD.

Attachments

• unknown.jpeg
    unknown.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 147
Back