What Are You Listening To Right Now?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cliff Craft, by Cliff Jordan. The first record I've received from my subscription to the latest Blue Note 45rmp reissues. Excellent!

DSC04692-M.jpg

Genre: Folk

Released in 2009 on the Red House label "Live at The Mauch Chunk Opera House" by The Wailin' Jennys is a wonderful follow up to the 2006 release "Firecracker". This recording is also the first to feature the newest member Heather Masse who joins Nicky Mehta and Ruth Moody that make up the trio. Great harmonies on a well produced release! Check out the track "One More Dollar"!

Attachments

• Jenny.jpg
    Jenny.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Genre: Bluegrass/Americana/Roots

Released in 2009 on Compass Records, Bearfoot's "Doors and Windows" contains eleven wonderful bluegrass + tracks! Odessa Jorgensen handles most of the vocals and plays fiddle for this five piece band. Great players from this Alaska based band!

Attachments

• Bearfoot.jpg
    Bearfoot.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 337
Genre: Pop/Rock

Released in May 2012 on the Blue Note Records label "Little Broken Hearts" is Norah Jones fifth studio album. This release has a different style for Norah; similar to the disc "The Fall" in that Norah expands her musical box! As always Norah has beautiful vocals and this disc doesn't disappoint!

Attachments

• Norah.jpg
    Norah.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 319
I am listening to the new Gotye album "making mirrors". Pretty cool album, different and refreshing. This guy has an amazing voice and his hit song he recorded with Kimbra "somebody that I used to know" is just amazingly powerful and a pretty decent recording to boot. Sounds very natural with hardly any processing and compression etc..

There is some cool stuff on YouTube if you search Gotyemusic On there about how he made and recorded his albums and some of the creative instruments he used and other he just created.

Has anyone else listened to this?
Gordon

Yesterday i got delivery of three factory sealed albums. The Best of Jon and Vangelis, Pilgrim by
Eric Clapton and Depeche Mode The Singles 81>85. Are getting our house plastered,
wood polished and painted. My music room should be ready by tomorrow. I will not
be immediately listening to these three albums. First have to run my CLS for
they were disconnected for the past month. Once they reach optimum sound given
their age then i will begin my listening with Jon And Vangelis. On the back cover it is stated
that the Vangelis recording is AAD and is understandable since it was compiled in 1984 by
Spheric B.V. I just hope the music and recording will be fun to listen to.
Once again, thanks Mr. TomDac for recommending this recording.

Last edited:
Head for the Hills LIVE

Genre: Bluegrass/Americana/Roots

H4TH-Web-Live-Album-Cover.jpg

http://headforthehillsmusic.com/site/home/head-for-the-hills-live-dropping-on-may-29th/

This is the latest release recorded by our mobile recording company, and we are very proud of the results! The album was taken from 6 different performances around the front range of Colorado. The songs are all single takes, no overdubs at all, and its a tribute to the talent of the band. Check it out!

I just got to see Joe Bonamassa live at the Paramount Theatre in Denver on April 24th. This dude is frickin' amazing! Probably the best guitar player I have ever seen. His new album "Driving Towards The Daylight" is excellent. "Dust Bowl" is one of my favorites.

Hurricane_PackShot2DUB-1024x917.jpg

Only just realised this existed. If you have the original and liked it this is worth a listen. Guarantee this will sound great on Logans.

Hope you saw her doing My Jamaican Guy at the Queens Jubilee. She's amazing live - and was yesterday.

This album on Spotify

Last edited:
Only just realised this existed. If you have the original and liked it this is worth a listen. Guarantee this will sound great on Logans.

Hope you saw her doing My Jamaican Guy at the Queens Jubilee. She's amazing live - and was yesterday.

I did see her (her, right?) briefly during some Jubilee coverage. That's quite a party going on in jolly old London town. I also so a brief clip of Sir Elton... he's getting and sounding old. (but ever the icon as always)

I did see her (her, right?) briefly during some Jubilee coverage. That's quite a party going on in jolly old London town. I also so a brief clip of Sir Elton... he's getting and sounding old. (but ever the icon as always)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdwEgzDNb2w?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WdwEgzDNb2w?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Yeah her - at 64. Seeing her live a while ago I am glad she toned down her act - she is usually absolutely filthy between tracks, with all manner of expletives and dirty stories.

Elton I'm not so keen on - but I appreciate he has down some classic stuff.

Preparing to listen to Duke Ellington, "The Feeling Of Jazz". This is the new Black Lion Records release, which contains the 33 1/3 lp and the same album on two 45rpm pressings. I received pressing number 130. Here's hoping the quality of the pressings is as good as the re-releases from Acoustic Sounds.

DSC04699-M.jpg

Just finished listening to two exceptional Blue Note 45 rpm re-issues that arrived today. I highly recommend both of these albums. One pic with flash, the other without.
DSC04710-M.jpg

DSC04715-M.jpg

A couple LP's I have been listening to. Both are very good and dynamic.

CHARLY ANTOLINI CRASH 180g LP (Jeton)
RAY BROWN & LAURINDO ALMEIDA MOONLIGHT SERENADE 180g LP (Jeton)

Brad

jetlp33010[1].jpgjetlp33004[1].jpg

Genre: Jazz

Melody Gardot's latest release "The Absence" is her 3rd CD; released in May 2012 on the Verve label. This disc has more Latin tones and the songs seem lighter then her previous releases. Melody sounds great as always!

Attachments

• Melody.jpg
    Melody.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 233
Back