update on my Spires

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miatancdan

Reaction score
I am very happy to report sound on my Spires finally improved to point of having that " ML magic"

Most of the glare is gone and even internet radio from Bryston BDP-1 digital player sounds really good )))) smiles now!!!!

Guessing about 150 hours total playing.... Thanks for patience with me during break in period with these Spires. Now a happy camper.

Pink Floyd - The Wall re-mastered sound unbelieveable as well as Patricia Barber - Companion

Dan

Pink Floyd - The Wall re-mastered sound unbelieveable as well as Patricia Barber - Companion

Dan

Glad to hear things are working out.... Haven't heard many complaints on the spires....
I am really hoping for the sacd for The Wall... Anyone heard anything?

Good news and not surprised - the Spires are so well sorted. They sound great even compared with live music. Although like other MLs they are bright, to my ears they do not suffer from glare. We might pick over how many hours run in they require but whatever your total sounds like your over the threshold! Have fun!

recommended wines SA Paul Sauer, NZ Trinity Hill Sauvignon, SA Paul Cluver Chardonnay !!!! (off topic I know, but at a certain point we must help one another enjoy the now! also a good walk or gardening definitely increase musical appreciation! a new thread??? Cheers

recommended wines SA Paul Sauer, NZ Trinity Hill Sauvignon, SA Paul Cluver Chardonnay !!!! (off topic I know, but at a certain point we must help one another enjoy the now! also a good walk or gardening definitely increase musical appreciation! a new thread??? Cheers
We do have a little-known "Wine and Cheese" thread on this forum. I really enjoy the Sauvignon Blancs from NZ. There are other recommendations too in that thread.

Last edited:
:p Great! now we are All coming over to a listening party...

sounds like fun ! .........I want to head over to Dougsters neighborhood, I so much want to get to Edinbourg in August and take in the 'Tattoo'

Good news and not surprised - the Spires are so well sorted. They sound great even compared with live music. Although like other MLs they are bright, to my ears they do not suffer from glare. We might pick over how many hours run in they require but whatever your total sounds like your over the threshold! Have fun!

Thanks for recommended wines ))) Do not know much about wines as I normally drink vodka imported from Russia or Ukraine. Are these red wines or white...please do not laugh to hard at me for not knowing.

Dan

Wines mentioned are red, White, White respectively! No shame in not knowing. Grain for some vodka grown in Scotland curiously!!
Edinburgh festival genuinely amazing ... Everything from tatoo to official Festival for high brow tastes and the wild and vast Fringe! Do visit - good time guaranteed. Can recommend good hi Fi establishment too!

Bruce

I have never heard The Wall on SACD but I do have a copy of Dark Side of the Moon on SACD and it is just terrifically well done. I enjoy that CD a lot.

Back