improvement in sound in Spires now

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miatancdan

Reaction score
I now have Spires just past 5 ft from back wall ( guessing 5.2 inches ) and I added some room treatment. See photo with this post. Glare & brightness nearly all gone )))))

Did not do area rug as I have habit of just getting up and dancing in front of speakers when good song )))))) Starting to feel Spires now sounding better in my room than the Ethos ))))

Even streaming Sirius radio using toslink ( fiber optic ) into my Bel Canto Dac sounds great !!!! I smile that my Spires sound better to my ears than the B&W 802 Diamonds 2nd generation :rocker:

I have made the right choice sticking to ML electrostatics:music:

Dan

Attachments

• SSC_0151.jpg
    SSC_0151.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,644
Last edited:
Cool Dan what treatment are they, did U do the side wall too....?

I used mytheatre acoustic panels from my work ( see them behind speakers ).

I like to put them on side wall but right wall has huge window, so do not know how sound be affected by having this on left wall and not right wall?

Dan

Dan, thats great! My passion is the music also and not so much the hardware. I'm glad you now have your happy feet on like me!

Are you yet another person using the secret "put a printer in your equipment rack" tweak? There's heaps of people here using it!

funny )))) printer is in equipment rack because do not use it often..... Because it is a HP printer - ink does not dry out when not being used often ))))

Dan

yup, it's amazing how a simple acoustical treatment can affect the sound! I bet once you address the first reflection points on the side walls, everything will come together very nicely... Then you need to look into bass traps, rug on floor and it just goes on and on! :) Nice Mc amp by the way!

Dan, I wanted to say the same thing get some real woolen cutains on that window for 2 reasons Keep the direct sun off your Spiries & soften the glass reflection at the same time. Also direct that a/c vent away from the speakers & the heat too............

My right Spire is next to a window also. If I was single, I'd put a trap up no matter what but........! So the reasonable solution was to install bifold/dual layer octogon shaped blinds. I first tried the room darkening version but the foil in them did not reduce a bit of glare. Next tried the regular version of the blind and it was the next best thing to a trap. However, if you want to do some searching for a shall I say "testy" solution, look for Marigo Dots on this site. My apologies to Gordon G! Hope you get my humor?!

Gordon

Dan, is your room about 10-11 ft wide? The layout looks very similar to mine!!

Latest posts

Back