The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given 45's most recent mental meltdown over Morning Joe's Mika and 45's staff walking lock step defending 45's attack on another female, I am more scared than ever and I was pretty scared before this latest incident.

The man is clearly childlike and mentally unstable.

Are there any adults in 45's administration that can control this person?

Also, what does it say about all the Republicans who just say "OH gosh" and then turn a blinds eye to his repeated indiscretions?

PS: One irony of this. One of Ivanka's project as FLOTUS was to start a public campaign / outreach against cyber bullying. Good news is that she won't have to go far from "home" to find some good examples of this behavior.

Last edited:
Given 45's most recent mental meltdown over Morning Joe's Mika and 45's staff walking lock step defending 45's attack on another female

with regard to '45's attack, the two CNBC wacko's you apparently love attacked him.

The man is clearly childlike and mentally unstable.

as are a large percentage of the wacko libs he's targeting

Are there any adults in 45's administration that can control this person?

are there any adults in the mainstream news media ?

Also, what does it say about all the Republicans who just say "OH gosh" and then turn a blinds eye to his repeated indiscretions?

'all' ?? ... LOL, Not all Gordon, besides, you make it seem like the Dems are some kind of saintly creatures ....... NOT !

as for 'repeated indiscretions', refresh my memory........how did the Dems handle Clinton's (aka Bubba) indiscretions ?

with regard to '45's attack, the two CNBC wacko's you apparently love attacked him.

as are a large percentage of the wacko libs he's targeting

are there any adults in the mainstream news media ?

'all' ?? ... LOL, Not all Gordon, besides, you make it seem like the Dems are some kind of saintly creatures ....... NOT !

as for 'repeated indiscretions', refresh my memory........how did the Dems handle Clinton's (aka Bubba) indiscretions ?

Lol. Who poked the Dave bear??

So a CNN producer is caught on tape saying 'there is no proof... this is all BS...all for ratings... understands why it IS being called a witch hunt ...' and that isn't important? A producer at CNN?? Are you turning a blind eye to this Gordon?? :) As I have said. I understand ones dislike for trump. And I have no cross to bare w anyone. And I don't consider this a debate that I need to win at all costs.

This audio pretty much gives Trumps accusations in regards to CNN firm footing. Anyone here wonder if we are just getting played by these marketing arms of the parties...errr I mean legitimate news agencies?

Grow up guys. The man's an ignorant pig. Do you even believe that a TV personality like Mika B.(and I don't really care for her and Joe) would show up at Mar a Lago bleeding from a face lift.

Grow up guys. The man's an ignorant pig. Do you even believe that a TV personality like Mika B.(and I don't really care for her and Joe) would show up at Mar a Lago bleeding from a face lift.

'Grow up'....and 'ignorant pig'. That was a joke right?

I would simply point out the attacks endured by Obama, from the birther controversy, to pictures of his family with the faces replaced with monkey faces, to so much more. Did he ever strike back? Did he ever go online and bully the right wing news media and various media personalities? Regardless of whether you agreed with his politics, he handled himself with grace and class befitting the office he held. Anyone who would defend Trump's behavior and suggest it was justified by the media narrative against him should think long and hard about what is at stake here. America has become the laughing stock of the world. Allies are rightly concerned about our loyalty and reliability in a crisis. Our enemies are emboldened. And we devolve into the kind of hatred and violence that foments civil rebellion.

Liberals hated Bush. Conservatives hated Obama. But neither instigated the kind of hatred and depth of viciousness that Trump himself purposely instigates every day. Regardless of politics, if you support or justify this man's behavior, then you do a great disservice to yourself, your political party, and your country.

Regardless of politics, if you support or justify this man's behavior, then you do a great disservice to yourself, your political party, and your country.

That about says it all.

And for those who continue to support, the basic question is why?

PS: Kinda reminds me of Jimmy Jones and those who drank the kool aid.

And regarding the WH staff calling Joe ,Mika, their kids and Mica's ex on several occasions asking / pressuring them to apologize to 45 and "spike" the pending negative story in the National Enquirer (NE), how do you respond to that? I assume they have retained evidence that such phone calls did occur given the fact that 45 has not responded to this allegation. And 45 telling Joe, when they were still talking to each other, that he knew the top gun at NE very well. I think that is called blackmail aka Comey tapes redux.

And what about those "fake" Time Magazine covers that 45 had framed and put on display in his various resort properties.

FWIW, the NE was the paper which published a story saying Ted Cruz's father was somehow involved with Lee Harvey Oswald and the JFK assasination.

And why do some folks try to "deflect" the discussion, bring up the past and not address the current issue at hand?

Last edited:
Haha. You guys are over the top. When you say 'doing your own party a dis-service'.... well I don't have a 'party'. And in regards to 'supporting' this president... I think people here want the TRUTH...and aren't interested in spin or could care less about what pictures someone has hanging in their bathroom. You guys just want a lynching - that's all - and don't care to hear anything about it.

This activity could end up harpooning the Democratic Party. My thought is this country is moving away from the two party system and the election of trump is people voicing exactly that.

Haha. You guys are over the top. When you say 'doing your own party a dis-service'.... well I don't have a 'party'.

same here timm and for the record as I stated before I didn't vote for either candidate (red or blue) last November.

Does Trump lack tact ....... of course he does and I agree often he behaves as a classless idiot.

As for this party thing ..........I truly wish the wacko left and right would both fall of a bridge somewhere never to return !

Did somebody just use The National Enquirer as a reference... and question why there was no response??? Wow. BTW Elvis was just seen at a McDonald's in Kentucky. The King lives!!

Here is a rather scathing article in the very conservative National Review that provides a pretty good analysis of Trump's mental deficiencies in relation to his current position: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/449145/donald-trump-media-mika-brzezinski-tweet

Timm, I'm curious what your thoughts are on this story, as I have gathered from your prior posts that you seem to be of the opinion that all the negative stories about Trump are efforts by the liberal media to delegitimize his election. Seems to me at least one respected conservative publication recognizes the dangers inherent in someone with Trump's intellect and behavioral issues running the country. While it's not an impeachable offense to be a media-obsessed narcissistic bully with a poor grasp of policy issues, these are certainly traits worthy of public criticism. Regardless of whether you lean liberal or conservative.

Also, regarding your "I don't have a party" statement, I think that is a bit of a cop-out. The vast majority of people running for office in this country run as a R or a D, with a minority running under a third party (libertarian, green, reform, etc.). So either you are not voting at all or you are implicitly supporting one or more of these parties with your vote. This is true regardless of whether or not you self-identify as being a member of that particular party.

I am curious, though, exactly what "TRUTH" you are seeking. As your responses in this thread have only seemed to question the media narrative. I don't really remember any posts by you questioning Trump's own actions, many of which I would expect to make any true conservative cringe. Perhaps you just like playing devil's advocate. I'm not trying to be critical of you; I'm really just trying to engage in discussion and understand your perspective. I honestly believe if the tables were turned and it was Hillary instead of Trump in the same situation, you would be questioning and criticizing her actions rather than the media reports about it.

Personally, I think people are fed up with politics in general, and the hate of the two-party system is a bit of a red herring. If you look at many European countries that have up to a dozen or more political parties, it's just as bad if not worse, except they have the added problem of trying to come up with a ruling coalition between parties in order to have a functional government. I think the biggest problem we face is corruption and lobbying (which go hand-in-hand) and this problem is independent of party. It would still be a problem if we did away with political parties altogether. Ultimately, our politicians represent their political donors, and not the people who elected them.

good post Rich, your last paragraph sums it up IMO.

Hi Rich. I agree with the last part of your post too. As far as myself? My voting record is all over the place. I voted for obama once, Clinton once, actually like Bernie Sanders heart and passion , voted for trump, voted for Reagan once, John Anderson another... etc. so yah I think I can say I don't have a party quite legitimately. I am also under the opinion that Trump ran as an independent under the republican flag. So this is what I mean - not that we are going to have 10 parties but we will start to see more people run with divergent views of the respective party.

What do you get? Well it is interesting if you look at trump as an independent candidate - it makes complete sense that people from either side of the aisle would dislike him. Hell I don't really like him. He reminds me of the rich kid you wanted to beat up in high school!! Haha. The republicans DIDNT want him which was quite obvious. They were forced into it by popular vote. The Dems obviously hate him because he represents the republican side and wants to blow up the last 8 years

Did anyone ever comment on the CNN producer comments? I might have missed that I have to go back and look.

One more note rich. I don't like Trumps classless act either. However, when you look at threats that have been increasing around the world. Poor international relations ... Our willingness to push jobs overseas.. a fledgling health care system..our racial tensions here Etc etc. we have said it a hundred times and usually it is passed by ... with some other debateable item or article saying trump is a jack ass.
Quite frankly the Trump team tapped into a way to reach people in elections that will be copied going forward.

I think I have brought up one article in this conversation ...and it is me continually discussing the narrative. Others continue to bring up many. The narrative influences the masses - but when things don't seem to fit in the personal narrative - it is ignored. I don't know ...see what you want in my posts. I am not sure maybe you think things wee going great with the prior administration.

As I have said. This is not a debate to me. It is about moving forward. I guess you missed that part of my posts earlier

Ok, timm. Given your voting record, I'll happily concede that you aren't married to a particular political party, or even necessarily a distinct political ideology (i.e. Conservative vs. Liberal). The assumption otherwise was my bad. I think you are incorrect in sensing the destruction of the two-party system based on current events. I think the parties will change over time to try to match their electorate. The republican establishment didn't want Trump, but a majority of their primary voters were swayed by his message. You better believe the establishment will adapt to that in order to keep those votes in the fold moving forward. Likewise, Bernie showed that a large percentage of young liberal voters are more progressive than the DNC establishment, and I expect they will adapt moving forward to capture those votes. Unfortunately, moderates in the middle may find themselves with no one to like and instead have to vote against the lesser of two perceived evils. The worst part of the two-party system is that it encourages candidates at the extremes and handicaps moderates. Of course this results in candidates voicing extreme positions in the primaries and then pivoting to the middle in the generals, which is completely disingenuous.

As for the video, it's hard to give it any credence, considering that O'Keefe's former videos have all been debunked (by both liberals and conservatives), for using selective editing to try to mislead the viewers. Not to mention that the CNN "producer" interviewed worked on health and medical stories, not in the news or politics departments. So it sounds like the very definition of "fake news" to me. Manufactured political propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back