The DON / redux

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on ya FLT.

We'll see what NJ (and other 45 strongholds) think in a year.

By the way, the election is over. You'll have to find another dog to kick.

Best.

PS: A bit of history and with all due respect. The City of Detroit elected two mayors who were convicted of felony level crimes prior to the election.

Last edited:
Good on ya FLT.

We'll see what NJ (and other 45 strongholds) think in a year.

By the way, the election is over. You'll have to find another dog to kick.

Best.

PS: A bit of history and with all due respect. The City of Detroit elected two mayors who were convicted of felony level crimes prior to the election.

Are you getting a new dog also Gordon? :)

Coleman Young the best criminal mayor money could buy.

Hilarious the references to the proud city of Detroit. I lived outside of The D for most of my life so I know what you speak of. I'm trying to think though. Who was a convicted felon before they were elected ? I mean Kwame got served post election. I still think his second election was rigged. He was down 5 points the night before the election and won.
I'm about 50 min outside of Detroit now in Ann Arbor. Best move my wife ever made me do. :).

Kwame Kilpatrick and 18 of his city officials were convicted. I lived north of D but my wife born and lived in the City proper.

I don't know how anyone can live there. Then again many people don't want to live in Florida.

Rich, what has he done for your impending impeachment?

Brad. You didn't hear about Kellyann Conway and the blue dress??? That's impeachable stuff. At least it used to be. :)

Brad, surely you can read between the lines here and see the Don's reactions for what they are: the desperation of someone who sees everything they so carefully constructed falling apart. Someone with severe control needs suddenly finding their entire facade spinning out of control. He is literally losing it / coming unglued in front of our very eyes. Why? Because this goes so much deeper than most suspect and the truth is coming out.

Guys, we are only glimpsing the tip of the iceberg here. I think the FBI's search warrant served on an obscure republican lobbying organization (Strategic Campaign Group) yesterday is going to lead down a rabbit hole that could reveal massive amounts of laundered Russian money funneled into Trump's campaign. Who knows what else? But I think the bottom line is that Trump will resign or be impeached within the next twelve to eighteen months. Hard to be sure on the timeline as these investigations take a long time and the administration appears willing to do whatever they can to obstruct them.

They served warrants yesterday related to a 2013 Governors race in Virginia. The charges were based on a complaint my Terry McAuliffe (D) after he lost the race.

You are beginning to sound like mainstream media.

Would I be surprised if he resigned yes and no. He is use to getting his way yes but his ego may not let that happen. I think he will get tired of the whole thing.

They served warrants yesterday related to a 2013 Governors race in Virginia. The charges were based on a complaint my Terry McAuliffe (D) after he lost the race.

You are beginning to sound like mainstream media.

Would I be surprised if he resigned yes and no. He is use to getting his way yes but his ego may not let that happen. I think he will get tired of the whole thing.

That was the reason given for the search warrants, but don't be too surprised when it turns out that isn't the only reason they raided that particular office. The head of that office is close to Manafort, who has a lot of experience laundering dirty money for dictators. I think this scandal goes much deeper than anyone believes. It's just my personal suspicion, so we will have to wait and see what develops. But I think Trump's behavior recently is indicative of someone who is scared and trying to contain something that is out of their control.

I expect if he resigns, it will be to avoid impeachment and not because he is tired of the job.

Edit: this tidbit is also highly relevant to my analysis: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ent-requests-manaforts-bank-records-in-russia

The noose is tightening.

Last edited:
That was the reason given for the search warrants, but don't be too surprised when it turns out that isn't the only reason they raided that particular office. The head of that office is close to Manafort, who has a lot of experience laundering dirty money for dictators. I think this scandal goes much deeper than anyone believes. It's just my personal suspicion, so we will have to wait and see what develops. But I think Trump's behavior recently is indicative of someone who is scared and trying to contain something that is out of their control.

I expect if he resigns, it will be to avoid impeachment and not because he is tired of the job.

Edit: this tidbit is also highly relevant to my analysis: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...ent-requests-manaforts-bank-records-in-russia

The noose is tightening.

Rich, It may turn out that you are correct but currently it is speculation just like the main stream media.

If Trump and his people are in fact guilty they need to be held accountable.

I just think people dislike him so much because he beat another flawed candidate is really what this is about.

I just think people dislike him so much because he beat another flawed candidate is really what this is about.

Really, you think that's the reason? You don't think that maybe people dislike him because of his complete and utter incompetence and through-the-roof narcissism? Because that's pretty much why I dislike him. I agree that right now it's just speculation, but if you read between the lines there is an awful lot of smoke and that generally means fire. There is no doubt in my mind that corruption is being uncovered and Trump knows his house of cards is about to fall apart. He's way too defensive for someone who knows they haven't done anything wrong.

Really, you think that's the reason? You don't think that maybe people dislike him because of his complete and utter incompetence and through-the-roof narcissism? Because that's pretty much why I dislike him. I agree that right now it's just speculation, but if you read between the lines there is an awful lot of smoke and that generally means fire. There is no doubt in my mind that corruption is being uncovered and Trump knows his house of cards is about to fall apart. He's way too defensive for someone who knows they haven't done anything wrong.

But really. When has Trump NOT been defensive on anything ? It is part of his charachter that you dislike. Therefore to imply that now his defensiveness means something ... well I'm not sure how conclusions are reached. You also say there is a lot of smoke ...and therefore there is no doubt in your mind. Think about that for a second. You know nothing yet there is no question in your mind.

Think about that for a second. You know nothing yet there is no question in your mind.

In my life, I have learned how to research and assimilate information and then analyze it, looking for patterns and connections. I have learned how to read human behaviors and analyze them in regards to motive and intent. I look at tons of pieces of disparate information and try to come up with rational conclusions regarding what might actually be going on. In the end, though, it really comes down to a simple analysis: if it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck. I don't have all the facts. But I also don't have much doubt about what has happened and where all this is headed. Only time will tell whether I am right or wrong.

There are two things I am very sure of: 1. That Trump is intentionally using his office for personal gain; and 2. That Trump directly colluded with the Russians to swing the election in his favor. Anyone that doesn't at the very least suspect that one or both of these things are true is being willfully ignorant, in my personal opinion.

Let's be clear that this is not some standard Dems vs. Repubs political policy argument. This is a question of whether the president of our Country committed treasonous acts in order to get elected. A question of whether our leader is completely corrupt and compromised by the Russian government. This is not an issue you want to come down on the wrong side of. Just ask any former Nixon supporter. If any of this is true, it will make Nixon look like a saint compared to Trump.

Another +1 for Rich. It's not a matter of what party you favor. Just read the signs and weep as the last 50 years of progress are wiped away.

Alan

Well. Everybody can choose to see what they want.

First there was an implication that votes were altered by Russian hackers. Then everyone agreed that was inaccurate or they were statements that could have mis-lead people.

Next, it was the Russians that hacked into hillary's server or the DNC's or what have you. Wiki-leaks claims that was absolutely not the source of the info. Not good enough. Everybody agrees the info was accurate though.

There was this implication of a bro-mance between Putin and Trump. Well if they were so tight - things don't seem that way now given our bombings in Syria etc... The fact that Trump had dialogue with one of the top 3 super powers of the world when the Dems could not maintain what most would consider an important relationship... I guess that is criminal.

Now - we have 'the Russians funded Trump'. What a laugh. Did you see the magnitude of spending on the two campaigns? The Dems bank roll was huge...and the Reps were outspent by a very large amount. And there was no huge barrage of trump ads. In fact - all of us were betting on when it would get called for Hillary.

Dems were howling about Comey during the election and post. Now he gets fired. And I would think most would say 'it's about time given the fact they wanted his head on a platter several months back. But now it is painted as an aggregious firing because Comey was getting too close.

This....is a fishing expedition. And you don't have to be a Dem or a Rep to come to a similar conclusion. I have no answers nor do I have any proof as do any of us. However, leaping to conclusions on that basis .... seeing attempts at clouding the general publics view ....I just don't roll that way.

Well. Everybody can choose to see what they want.

Indeed.

First there was an implication that votes were altered by Russian hackers. Then everyone agreed that was inaccurate or they were statements that could have mis-lead people.

I don't think anyone with any sense bought into that and it was dismissed pretty quickly.

Next, it was the Russians that hacked into hillary's server or the DNC's or what have you. Wiki-leaks claims that was absolutely not the source of the info. Not good enough. Everybody agrees the info was accurate though.

Assange didn't say the Russians weren't involved in the hacking. He said they didn't provide the information to him. Important distinction, as it's an easy way to mislead your audience. Assange has also been known to lie or mislead when it suits his purposes. Personally, I will believe the intelligence services of the United States over Julian Assange, but you go on believing whatever fairytale you want.

There was this implication of a bro-mance between Putin and Trump. Well if they were so tight - things don't seem that way now given our bombings in Syria etc... The fact that Trump had dialogue with one of the top 3 super powers of the world when the Dems could not maintain what most would consider an important relationship... I guess that is criminal.

Trump has been complimentary and deferential of Putin from the get-go, which is a behavior that would have been deemed near criminal in previous republican administrations. But apparently conservative policy positions change as the wind blows. Syria was an intentional distraction. Putin didn't care about that, and was given forewarning. The recent hosting of Russian officials in the White House shows the bromance is still strong. Think about that for a minute. Our intelligence services have said Russia definitely interfered in our elections (practically an act of war) and Trump invites them to visit the White House! That you can look at that on its face and pretend it's not a problem is baffling to me. This is what I meant by Wilfull Ignorance.

Now - we have 'the Russians funded Trump'. What a laugh. Did you see the magnitude of spending on the two campaigns? The Dems bank roll was huge...and the Reps were outspent by a very large amount. And there was no huge barrage of trump ads. In fact - all of us were betting on when it would get called for Hillary.

It's a lot more than just funding, but you will have to wait for more information to come out to understand the extent. Not that you'll believe it. I'm sure Nixon had plenty of die-hard supporters that refused to buy into the whole watergate conspiracy thing, as well.

Dems were howling about Comey during the election and post. Now he gets fired. And I would think most would say 'it's about time given the fact they wanted his head on a platter several months back. But now it is painted as an aggregious firing because Comey was getting too close.

If he had fired Comey right off the bat, I agree that the dems would have been happy. But to wait, and then fire both Preet Brahara and Comey right as their investigations are heating up (literally days after Comey asked for more funds for the Russia investigation)... That's a different story for obvious reasons. And in fact, Trump pretty much admitted that the Russia investigation was the primary reason he fired him, which, actually, is a crime! (It's called obstruction of justice). How willfully ignorant do you have to be to ignore that? I mean, really?

This....is a fishing expedition. And you don't have to be a Dem or a Rep to come to a similar conclusion. I have no answers nor do I have any proof as do any of us. However, leaping to conclusions on that basis .... seeing attempts at clouding the general publics view ....I just don't roll that way.

This is absolutely not a fishing expedition. There is already more relevant known information that is sufficient to warrant an independent investigation than in any case since watergate. I don't know how any intelligent person of any political persuasion can't see that. I mean, you would think the fact that there are already several republican Senators calling for one should at least give you a clue. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back