Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• udsacd2011large.jpg
    udsacd2011large.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Cousteau

Cousteau - A jazzy, bluesy infussed group, good melodies , the coffee this morning tasted even better !!

Attachments

• B000052089_01__SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000052089_01__SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 116
Sunday ~ Music

theWB,

Excellent choice :D The Edgar Winter Group ~ They Only Come Out At Night, I have the regular CD, superb Rockn' Roll. :cheers:

I'm listening to Pink Floyd ~ The Wall, The Stray Cats, The Ventures, The Box Tops and The Troggs... :D

Attachments

• Pink Floyd - The Wall.jpg
    Pink Floyd - The Wall.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 123
  • Stray Cats.jpg
    Stray Cats.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 123
  • The Ventures - Gold.jpg
    The Ventures - Gold.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 122
  • The Box Tops.jpg
    The Box Tops.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 123
  • The Troggs.jpg
    The Troggs.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 120
XRCD of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms. On my list as one of the best CDs ever. And some smooth Jazz with Chet Baker's Chet.

Attachments

• 70cd9833e7a0e4c6ae9a0110._AA240_.L.jpg
    70cd9833e7a0e4c6ae9a0110._AA240_.L.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 112
  • B000000Y56.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B000000Y56.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 121
XRCD of Dire Straits Brothers in Arms. On my list as one of the best CDs ever.

Great Choice Cherian,

I haven't listen to this cd in years. Just finished listening to it for the first time on the ML's. The track "Your Latest Trick" sounds outstanding. I'll bet the XRCD version sounds even better.

Great suggestion!!!!!!!
:cheers:

Funny I just purchased an original 1985 release of Brothers In Arms today. My parents have the original and I have the newer "remastered" one.... I new the older one sounded better and the original has a lot more dynamic range. There there was recently an article on that in HiFi News. They concluded that many older CDs weren't as compressed as they are today :(

theWB,

Excellent choice :D The Edgar Winter Group ~ They Only Come Out At Night, I have the regular CD, superb Rockn' Roll. :cheers:

I'm listening to Pink Floyd ~ The Wall, The Stray Cats, The Ventures, The Box Tops and The Troggs... :D

The Ventures! YEA!!! LOVE THAT...I need to see if mom and dad still have that vinyl! I remember listening to that when I was like 7 or 8! GOOD STUFF! Pink Floyd, how can you NOT like that!

Been driving for 5 hours the whole sunday morning, under very heavy rain both going and coming back (with a pair of Audiopro focus speakers in the car) and music has been exclusively <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Rondo-Veneziano/artist/B000AQ22VO/105-1095781-0575620">Rondo Veneziano</a>: Barocco, La Serenissima and so on. I knew I was going to face bad weather, and I took with me something to shield all out. It worked !

For those unfamiliar with RV, here's a wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondò_Veneziano

Last edited:
Diana Krall The Look of Love. This is a great sounding CD.

Attachments

• B00005N9CV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B00005N9CV.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 121
Well, partially due to Romax's thread a bit further down I've been listening to various versions of the Orff "Carmina Burana" and the Shostakovich "Symphony No. 5 in D minor, Op 47". It amazes me how the same music played by different orchestras with different conductors can sound so, well, different.

I'd forgotten how much I really like the Shostakovich in particular - a moving piece of music!

Cherian, I couldn't agree more, Diana Krall's "The Look of Love" is a great sounding cd (and SACD too) on our Logans. And the album art ain't too bad either. I have sometimes wondered if her looks (I mean look at those legs) have sometimes hurt her carreer. I mean do some people dismiss her or not take her seriously because of how beautiful she is. I guess millions of album sales speak for themselves, but I have heard people comment that she may not be so popular if it weren't for her looks. I don't agree, because she's an undeniable major talent in my book.

Last edited:
Crosby, Stills & Nash - Classic

Also The very best of Jethro Tull

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Diana Krall - Live in Paris, Three Dog Night, Best Of.

T-

Just got the Audiophile Reference 2006 CD off of ebay yesterday. This CD is a treat for the ear. The all bass version of Come Together will test any system. Get this CD you will not be disappointed.

Attachments

• AudiophileReference2006_Back.jpg
    AudiophileReference2006_Back.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 115
  • AudiophileReference2006_Cover.jpg
    AudiophileReference2006_Cover.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 123
Back