Sunday Morning Music

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fray - How to Save a Life (acoustic)
howtosavealife-cover.jpg

PS
GO BEARS!!!

Chiiling out and trying to curb the anxiousness of the impending game by listening to the Pink Moon album from Nick Drake.
GO BEARS!

Attachments

• 2299005552.jpg
    2299005552.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 133
I blame MiTT for this.....

Attachments

• k7.jpg
    k7.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 132
  • k10.jpg
    k10.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 139
  • k11.jpg
    k11.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 137
More about Jeff Buckley

It was very interesting to see that the Wikipedia post about Jeff Buckley lists "Tribute Songs". In that list are several songs by a band called "Ours", whose lead singer Jimmy Gnecco has a strikingly similar vocal range to Jeff Buckley...

Anyway, I have the 2 CDs by "Ours" and like them very much.. If you like Jeff Buckley, check out this band.

Tom.

Listening to the DVD-Audio version of Porcupine Tree Stupid Dream .

This is one of the best prog rock mixes ever, and great music. Recomended to anyone who like good rock and especially to those who love Progressive.

e4e5820dd7a0d257fb48d010.L.jpg
Jon,
I've seen you recommend this band several times, I actually purchased Stupid Dream and Deadwing a few weeks back and finally got around to listening to Deadwing today. One of the best DTS recordings I've heard in terms of quality and over all use of all 5 channels, Very well recorded, I wasn't completely sold on the music, But I'll have to give it another listen when I'm not hung over. The tunes had many layers I'll have to explore further.

Anyway, I have the 2 CDs by "Ours" and like them very much.. If you like Jeff Buckley, check out this band.

Tom.
Tom,
I'll have to give it a try which title do you recommend "Distorted Lullibies" or "Precious", Have never heard this band before.

Get "Distorted Lullabyes".... The song that I first heard was "Sometimes" which is on this CD. They're a very dark band, but his voice is incredible. If you like that one, then get the other....

Let me know what you think.

Tom.

Get "Distorted Lullabyes".... The song that I first heard was "Sometimes" which is on this CD. They're a very dark band, but his voice is incredible. If you like that one, then get the other....

Let me know what you think.

Tom.

Tom, picked up Distorted Lullibies off Ebay today for 65 cents,should receive sometime next week.

It's almost Sunday so what the hell -- right now it's...

the The -- Dusk
:cheers:

Attachments

• vinylvortexstore-img565x503-the_the.jpg
    vinylvortexstore-img565x503-the_the.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 167
Some operatic music so I can start the day. It’s the Cirque Du Soleil “Darlion” sound track.

Attachments

• B00002EPMB.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    B00002EPMB.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 162
Hard Rock ~ Greats...

:D I just want to Rock-out this Sunday... :band: My fav's are Golden Earing's ~ Moontan - "Radar Love"; Deep Purple's ~ Machine Head - "Highway Star"; Foghat's ~ Fool For The City - "Slow Ride"; Boston's ~ Boston "Foreplay/Long Time" & "Smokin"; Ted Nugent's ~ Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold" & "Hey Baby"...:guitar:

Attachments

• Moontan - Golden Earing.jpg
    Moontan - Golden Earing.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Machine Head - Deep Purple.jpg
    Machine Head - Deep Purple.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Foghat - Fool For The City.jpg
    Foghat - Fool For The City.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 164
  • Boston - Boston.jpg
    Boston - Boston.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Ted Nugent - Ted Nugent.jpg
    Ted Nugent - Ted Nugent.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 158
Oh..., I almost forgot...

:band: The James Gang's ~ Funk #49 - "Funk #49"...:guitar:

Attachments

• Funk #49 - The James Gang.jpg
    Funk #49 - The James Gang.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 160
Spinng silver discs today because I'm also trying to work. So far it's been the Berlioz "Requiem, Op. 5" on Vanguard Classics SACD and Thurman Green "Dance of the Night Creatures" on Mapleshade Redbook.

Attachments

• BerliozRequiem.jpg
    BerliozRequiem.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Thrurman Green.jpg
    Thrurman Green.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 170
:D I just want to Rock-out this Sunday... :band: My fav's are Golden Earing's ~ Moontan - "Radar Love"; Deep Purple's ~ Machine Head - "Highway Star"; Foghat's ~ Fool For The City - "Slow Ride"; Boston's ~ Boston "Foreplay/Long Time" & "Smokin"; Ted Nugent's ~ Ted Nugent - "Stranglehold" & "Hey Baby"...:guitar:

I do like that Golden Earing's album cover! Nug, and Boston, YEA! I have to say the newest from Boston (I guess that was a few years back now...like '02 or '03) totally SUCKED! It was TERRIBLE! I listened to it passed it on to another guitar friend of mine who TOTALLY agreed that it was just unlistenable, and then I think I ACTUALLY threw it away! That bad!

Spinng silver discs today because I'm also trying to work. So far it's been the Berlioz "Requiem, Op. 5" on Vanguard Classics SACD and Thurman Green "Dance of the Night Creatures" on Mapleshade Redbook.

Tim,
I remember performing the Berlioz Requiem in college at UCLA. I did not got to UCLA but was one of colleges which performed this massive Requiem with UCLA's orchestra and choir.. There had to be almost 100 people on stage. There were 3 additional brass bands sitting in back , left and right balconies surrounding the audience plus all of us on stage. I forget now who the conductor was, I guess old age is setting in. Zuben Metha's father was there in the audience and I think his name was Mehli (sp?) Mehta and I was told we brought tears to his eyes. It was hard to tell how good it was from where I was standing or maybe it was L.A. smog which caused the tears. :D

Talk about "original stereo or quad/surround sound", it was amazing from what I heard. I only wish I had bought the record we made at the time oh well that was a loooooooong time ago.:eek:

Jeff:cool:

Beatles - the long and winding memory road...

Playing the DVD-A version of the Beatles - Love

Best recoding of these fab-four innovators. Totally amazing to hear this level of quality 40 years after they were originally recorded

1654820dd7a01b6ea35df010.L.jpg

Stunning surround mix as well. Recommended.

It was a back to the 80's morning for me..
I just picked up two Simple Mind's DVD-A's.. New God Dream and Once Upon a Time.

I do not have the 5.1 analog connections hooked up so I set them up using the DTS 5.1 option. It was simply amazing.

Quick question.. would the 5.1 analog outs be that much better? I'm really resisting spending another $300 in cables to do the analog 5.1 from my DVD player to my Rotel AVR. The DTS is a nice option for DVD-A's encoded with this option. I also know that I am not getting then full quality and effects for SACD.

I know that I will need to go the analog route sooner or later.. guess I just need that extra little push.

Back