Recommendation

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Svante Nilsson

Reaction score
Hi,

It is time to replace my old Apogee speakers. My favorites are the Vistas but they are quite expensive here in Europe.

There are some ML speakers in second hand market at more resonable prices. Are there any model you can recomend?

Thanks in advance
Svante

Hi,

It is time to replace my old Apogee speakers. My favorites are the Vistas but they are quite expensive here in Europe.

There are some ML speakers in second hand market at more resonable prices. Are there any model you can recomend?

Thanks in advance
Svante

Hola...try to get the SL-3. Just the model before the Ascents and to my ears, better than the Sequel. It offers the same panel size of the Sequels up to the Ascents. A Martin Logan classic. Happy listening,
Roberto.

Thanks Roberto!

I will start looking for SL3s....

The ML second hand market in Sweden is small - If I can not find any SL3 are there any good options?

Svante

Just a suggestion. You can get Sequel II (predecessor of SK3) and (since they are quite old) order new panels. Though the enclosure and filters are diff from, the panels will be the same as in Ascents.

I had both Sequel II and Ascent. While Ascent does sound better they are within the same category (Sequel - Sequel 2 - SL3 - Ascent - Ascent i) and share the same sound signature.

Another possible option is to buy Ml from the US and get the boards swapped. See also this thread: http://www.martinloganowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5616

Back