MartinLogan reQuest Speakers - Advice for Passing to the Next Owner?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalmusic

Reaction score
About 10 years ago, I got a pair of MartinLogan reQuest speakers. I brought them home and set them up and they sounded amazing. Unfortunately, I could not fit them into My current space. The satellite / subwoofer system fits better.

I kept the reQuest speakers in a small storage room in our house, protected with soft cloth covers (flannel bedsheets). The speakers have sat untouched since then. I kept hoping to find the space for them. I have finally given up on that.

I would like to find a good local home for them here in Southern California. I assume that the speakers would need an expensive refurb from MartinLogan, after reading comments from other members here. The outside appearance (wood, etc.) is in near-mint condition. I have some genuine ML spikes and feet to include.

My questions are basic and simple:
If I post an ad to sell my reQuest speakers for $200, am I likely to find any buyers who would want to pick them up in So Cal.? (I can drop them off if the distance is reasonable.)
If not, what is a reasonable price to ask?

If you had a friend who lives in a large urban area and faced the same situation where keeping the reQuests is not possible, what would you recommend?

Your price is fair, low even, for a good condition set, so I think you should find a taker.

To the buyer, they are getting $10K worth of speakers for a $3K investment (your price plus new panels).

About 10 years ago, I got a pair of MartinLogan reQuest speakers. I brought them home and set them up and they sounded amazing. Unfortunately, I could not fit them into My current space. The satellite / subwoofer system fits better.

I kept the reQuest speakers in a small storage room in our house, protected with soft cloth covers (flannel bedsheets). The speakers have sat untouched since then. I kept hoping to find the space for them. I have finally given up on that.

I would like to find a good local home for them here in Southern California. I assume that the speakers would need an expensive refurb from MartinLogan, after reading comments from other members here. The outside appearance (wood, etc.) is in near-mint condition. I have some genuine ML spikes and feet to include.

My questions are basic and simple:
If I post an ad to sell my reQuest speakers for $200, am I likely to find any buyers who would want to pick them up in So Cal.? (I can drop them off if the distance is reasonable.)
If not, what is a reasonable price to ask?

If you had a friend who lives in a large urban area and faced the same situation where keeping the reQuests is not possible, what would you recommend?
Price is a gift. My 25 yrs old Quests still going strong with original parts.

Back