Oh my!!! (happy dance)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
I believe he is referring to a song by Pink Floyd named "Careful With That Axe, Eugene", from their album Ummagumma.

Peter

Indeed;) Very sorry to have caused any confusion please:cheers:

Disco,

I understand.... I guess I'm interested in how the Transporter analog outs sound vs the SB3 analog outs. And perhaps the Transporter vs SB3, both using digital outs, to a common DAC. I'm not so much interested in the SB3+DAC vs Transporter because it's DAC dependent. The other two (analog shooutout and digital shootout) remove the DAC (technically) out of the equation.

While on this topic, it would be interesting to hear about the analog SE outs vs the XLR outs of the Transporter :D--should be worthwhile if you have an end-to-end balanced system.

The only (unfair) comparison I can make is a DAC-less SB3 vs a Esoteric X-03 SE... But one thing should be said: The straight SB3 is a whole lot of fun even if the sound is not at the same level as that of the Esoteric. It certainly is a lot more engaging than my previous source, an Arcam CD36 FMJ, at 1/10 of the price.

disco

I can only guess that by the lack of posts in the last 6 days about your new Summits you must be in happy land somewhere.

How about an update on setup and how they sound.

Very Jealous!

My poor little Mosaics :cool: are o.k. but someday I have to check your big bad Summits:drool: and Krell system out!
ENJOY!

For sure devo. We'll get everyone over to see them eventually.

Brad, I have been half in heaven and half in hell! The summits sound great. I haven't messed with the tweaking much yet. I mostly just sink in the couch and listen to them!

What has been keeping me busy is transporter problems. Ugh. The thing is having major problems (freezes) on squeezenetwork. Fortunately this only impacts rhapsody and pandora. My files (cd quality flacs) play great, and that's mostly what I listen to. But I'm working with support to figure out the other transporter problems so I've been listening to rhapsody more than usual. FYI slim devices support is top notch. The problems seem to have been introduced only in the last round of firmware updates, so I have high hopes they'll track the bug down. Here is the bug report if anyone is interested: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4951

Here are a couple pictures including a closeup of the wenge. Sorry, but I'm a TERRIBLE photographer. But this is better than a cell phone. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0806.JPG
    IMG_0806.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    106.3 KB · Views: 78
What has been keeping me busy is transporter problems. Ugh. The thing is having major problems (freezes) on squeezenetwork. Fortunately this only impacts rhapsody and pandora. My files (cd quality flacs) play great, and that's mostly what I listen to. But I'm working with support to figure out the other transporter problems so I've been listening to rhapsody more than usual. FYI slim devices support is top notch. The problems seem to have been introduced only in the last round of firmware updates, so I have high hopes they'll track the bug down.

The Wenge Summits look (and I'm sure, sound) GLORIOUS. Just WAIT till you have 500 hrs on 'em!

FYI, I just got my SB2 back from Slimdevices (after a firmware upgrade seemingly "killed" it). Slim/Logitech got it working again, but it still occasionally freezes, even though I'm now using the latest 6.5.2 Slimserver nightly. At least they're actively working to solve this bug.

I've been lucky (er, perhaps unlucky) this year... as ML, Slimdevices/Logitech, Belles/Power Modules, and Modwright, have all provided me EXCELLENT customer service with problems.

I think you've used up all your problems for the next decade sleepy. :)

When is your sb2 freezing? Only on squeezenetwork or connected to slimserver as well? My SB3 seems to be working perfectly. They already fixed the major freezeup problem with the transporter. There might be 2 different issues here. The support has been absolutely top notch. They doubled my 30 day satisfaction guarantee and have been all over this bug since I reported it.

I think it's been intermittently freezing on both, always when using the remote to scroll. I'll upgrade to the latest nightly, and see if that fixes it.

And, yeah, I've (hopefully) met my lifetime quota for electronic failures/issues this year. Actually, all things considered, I've been pretty lucky over the years.

If you don't mind, maybe you could post in that bug report I linked? It seems like there's a little bugaboo in the latest firmware.

What has been keeping me busy is transporter problems. Ugh. The thing is having major problems (freezes) on squeezenetwork. Fortunately this only impacts rhapsody and pandora. My files (cd quality flacs) play great, and that's mostly what I listen to.
Just out of curiosity, are you running the transporter wired or wireless? I seem to recall seeing something on the Slim Devices forums about some hangups when running wireless.

Wireless. Its not logistically possible to hook it up wired even for testing.

Let me make clear that slim fixed the major lockup problem 1 day after I called. I'm still left with a small infrequent lockup problem.

Back