Oh my!!! (happy dance)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sound great. Just great. I can't wait for the krell now!

The krell came. :) I pick it up after work!

Second longest day of work ever... lol...

Its all hooked up! I don't have it hooked up with the good wires yet since I haven't ordered them... However...

It sounds great. The setup is: Transporter->Kav2250->Summits. No preamp for now. I thought I would need to use the attenuation jumpers on the transporter, but -30, -20, and -10 db were all too quiet. I still think its not quite loud enough with no attenuation. Although it IS louder than I would listen to it 99% of the time. And its CRYSTAL clear at max volume.

Sounds phenomenal. Just phenomenal. From my experience with the clarities, I know it will only get better and better as it burns in and I tweak positioning.

Its all hooked up! I don't have it hooked up with the good wires yet since I haven't ordered them... However...

It sounds great. The setup is: Transporter->Kav2250->Summits. No preamp for now. I thought I would need to use the attenuation jumpers on the transporter, but -30, -20, and -10 db were all too quiet. I still think its not quite loud enough with no attenuation. Although it IS louder than I would listen to it 99% of the time. And its CRYSTAL clear at max volume.

Sounds phenomenal. Just phenomenal. From my experience with the clarities, I know it will only get better and better as it burns in and I tweak positioning.

Absolutely happy for you Eugene!!

Keep the tweaks coming and break them in... get the preamp in and get that sonofabeetch crackin'!!

I held off on the preamp since the transporter has attenuation jumpers. I want to listen for a bit and decide if I want to go with the krell kav280p pre or a tubed pre. The pre will come in a bit. :)

It sounds great. The setup is: Transporter->Kav2250->Summits. No preamp for now ... Sounds phenomenal. Just phenomenal.
Did the transporter replace a Squeezebox by chance? I've been looking for someone that could comment on the (any?) difference between an SB3/DAC combo and a Transporter.

Yes it did replace a squeezebox. However, I replaced the squeezebox with a transporter, the yamaha receiver with the krell amp, and the clarities with the summits. :) Kind of tough to tell what part the transporter had in all this hehe.

I want to do the squeezebox/transporter test, but not until there's a preamp in the system. Everyone is just going to have to wait on that one, I have enough to play with right now!

Oh and I didn't have a dac for the squeezbox, which is part of why I got the transporter. :)

Happy dance, indeed! :D
happy_dance.gif

Eugene,

You're the only one on MLO with the SB3 and the Transporter.... that means that the responsibility for doing an A/B via the analog outs is up to you. We want impressions! We want impressions!!

Joey :)

Eugene,

You're the only one on MLO with the SB3 and the Transporter.... that means that the responsibility for doing an A/B via the analog outs is up to you. We want impressions! We want impressions!!

Joey :)
Yes, but all of us that are running SB3s through summits and such are using a DAC. He's saying that he doesn't have a DAC yet to do the A/B with. I don't think that it will mean much to us until we can get someone with an SB3/DAC combo and a transporter.

Yes, but all of us that are running SB3s through summits and such are using a DAC. He's saying that he doesn't have a DAC yet to do the A/B with. I don't think that it will mean much to us until we can get someone with an SB3/DAC combo and a transporter.

Exactly. SB3/Dac vs Transporter is interesting. SB3 vs Transporter... well...

Plus until I get a preamp I have no way to switch back and forth!

Who's Eugene?

Exactly. SB3/Dac vs Transporter is interesting. SB3 vs Transporter... well...

Plus until I get a preamp I have no way to switch back and forth!

Who's Eugene?

Disco,

I understand.... I guess I'm interested in how the Transporter analog outs sound vs the SB3 analog outs. And perhaps the Transporter vs SB3, both using digital outs, to a common DAC. I'm not so much interested in the SB3+DAC vs Transporter because it's DAC dependent. The other two (analog shooutout and digital shootout) remove the DAC (technically) out of the equation.

I was just kidding when I was yelling "We want impressions!!"

Take your time with your baby, the impressions should be the last thing on your mind. Enjoy the music, buddy!

PS
Yes, a preamp would help with the switching. :)

PPS
Apparently, I dont know who Eugene is either! :D

Joey

Joey, gotcha. I will do the analog test when I get a preamp and post it! The digital to a dac test will have to wait a long while. :)

Why don't you just go over to Sound Advice and get some of those good cables from Maribel! She always gives me goods deals on all my products.

Last edited:
Back