MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiogatorjim

Reaction score
Hello all,
I just joined this group. I live in NE Florida and have owned many ESL's over the years; from Quads to Beveridge to Soundlab to Acoustats and back to Quads and now a pair of ML SL-3's. I will enjoy reading and learning from this site.
Right now, my SL-3's need new panels and I am trying o figure out what to do. The ML folks have been VERY responsive and helpful. I may just buy panels from them but they are $$.

I hope to post from time to time sharing some of my experiences with ESL's and associated gear in the very near future. Right now, I may have to get ready for a hurricane approaching.

Best regards,

Audiogatorjim

Jim, Welcome to the fold, stay safe down there, St Augustine is beautiful !

Hi Jim, :welcome:

Repanel vs newer used units is always a conundrum, as having nice fresh panels is a big win. But I'd suggest that if you scored a used Ethos for not much more than the panels, that might be a bettter deal, and better results as well.

Hola Jim.
Welcome!
I am with JonFo advice. The Ethos is a great sounding model. It offers great musicality sound quality, with outstanding stage and musical instruments and voices presentation. Robust bass, and easy to adjust for any room. Their look is smaller than your SL-3, but they do exhibit a great sound overall performance.

Keep in mind that having new stat panels, they will come with a 5 years factory warranty.
Happy listening!

Welcome Jim, from another Floridian. Things look better for both of us today with Dorian than a few days ago. You will still get some weather but at least it doesn't look like she will be on land over your beautiful part of the state.

Brad

Back