New member and very new to ML world.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anand fm

Reaction score
Dear all, I'm Anand from North Malaysia. Currently own a pair of ML Monolith III from a friend who migrated from Malaysia to the US, back to his hometown now.

Since I'm very new to ES speakers and also ML brand, i would like to ask whether it is okay to use my current Denon AVR (model Denon 4700) to drive only this ML Monolith pair as i do not have other surround or centre speakers for now. Or shall i get a 2 channel stereo power amp with rated power of 150 watts or 200 and pre out 2 main channels from my Denon AV Amp to drive this pair?

https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/archive-av-receivers/avrx4700h/300019-new.html

I only plan for 2.1 system temporarily.

Thank you and truly appreciate any kind of comment or feedback.

Regards,
Anand
Malaysia

Dear all, I'm Anand from North Malaysia. Currently own a pair of ML Monolith III from a friend who migrated from Malaysia to the US, back to his hometown now.

Since I'm very new to ES speakers and also ML brand, i would like to ask whether it is okay to use my current Denon AVR (model Denon 4700) to drive only this ML Monolith pair as i do not have other surround or centre speakers for now. Or shall i get a 2 channel stereo power amp with rated power of 150 watts or 200 and pre out 2 main channels from my Denon AV Amp to drive this pair?

https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/archive-av-receivers/avrx4700h/300019-new.html

I only plan for 2.1 system temporarily.

Thank you and truly appreciate any kind of comment or feedback.

Regards,
Anand
Malaysia
I used to own Momolirhs and they need lots of power much more than newer active hybrids.
Eg I had to Classe 25s driving them meaning 1000 watts into 4 ohms and they sounded great
The Marantz won’t be up to the job

Welcome anand. I would say try the Denon at lower volume levels and see how it sounds. If everything is OK then try a bit higher volume level.

JonFo is the resident expert for all things Monolith. I'm sure he will find this thread.
You can look him up on members and send him a message to get his input.

Good luck and keep us updated. We love to see pictures also.

Brad

Back