New CLXes!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't know about that - but I do know there's some CLX with ART frames and a Descent i from msshifi on ebay at a good price. $15,900 for the CLX - at the mo. Just thought I'd say in case someone is looking for a pair.

Well I don't know about that - but I do know there's some CLX with ART frames and a Descent i from msshifi on ebay at a good price. $15,900 for the CLX - at the mo. Just thought I'd say in case someone is looking for a pair.
There is also a thread here on msshifi and questionable business practices, but their feedback on ebay is very positive, and some people here have had a good experience dealing with them.

Masterlu is a guy named Ivan from Florida. I believe he started Audio Aficionado. That signiture is for real, he has an insane system. Knows his stuff too.

Maybe a bit off topic
Agree completely Gordon everybodys egos & tastes must have something to do with it.
I would believe Us here love music which grew into a hobby that blossomed with maturity and financial ability.
It aches my brain when I meet someone who is as old as say I am & still only listens to rock and knows no other music.
Like the guy that said your brain is like a parachute it must be open to work...

I still listen to mostly rock, rock n roll, pop, dance, newer country, from late 50's to some todays stuff but not including heavy metal or rap. There is small amount of jazz in collection such as Four Play, Patricia Barber and some Diane Krall. Most of the time listening to classic rock.

Are you guys trying to suggest that ML and good audio equipment is only for classical or jazz? I hope not

Not at all, the key word is only. Ml equip reveils all recordings good or bad. I still agree as others here that most rock recordings are poorly done IE too much manipulation and the fact that most r&r engineer/producers have no concept of what good s/q is.

Not at all, the key word is only. Ml equip reveils all recordings good or bad. I still agree as others here that most rock recordings are poorly done IE too much manipulation and the fact that most r&r engineer/producers have no concept of what good s/q is.

Ok , I understand what you are saying.... so far almost everything sounds great with these ML Ethos including older stuff like Beatles , Elvis, April Wine , Eagles, Diana Ross + Supremes etc but all recordings I have purchase has been re-mastered. Just Lately HD-Tracks has a lot of classic rock in 24 bit 192K ))))))))

Very cool you bought the Theos? With the new ML all my recordings good or bad are showings more detail that I never noticed before...

Very cool you bought the Theos? With the new ML all my recordings good or bad are showings more detail that I never noticed before...

No I have not brought the Theos, have on loan for 2 weeks from work a pair of ML Ethos:music::music:

Yes, I also notice which music is not recorded well but the love of music, emotions created by music more important than the recording being perfect....may be this sounds strange to you but music can touch the soul.

Can live without tv but not able to live without music

Dan

Last edited:
exactly the same way about music & tv, I feel bent out of shape if don't get a Music fix.....:eek:

Cool )))))) thats great )))))
btw what is your first name ?

Right now listening to Daryl Hall + John Oates - The Essential Collection re-mastered ))))

I had budgeted for Theos for fall purchase but now after listening to Ethos's will have to get these.....

system right now consists of Bryston BDP-1 + Bel Canto Dac 1.5 as source, McIntosh MC302 power amplifier and soon ML to replace Acoustats

Dan

Bill,,,,,,,,,,

Bill , it is good to meet some one else here who loves music as much as I do ))))

Dan

last system That I had that used to be best I owned was Martin Logan SL3s, Anthem Pre 1 tube preamp, Anthem Amp1 tube power amplifier + Classe CDP1 cd player but what I am listening to now is even better )))))

Was just checking out your amp, man how do you move that around..............

The amp was so heavy, that it took 3 guys from my work to load it into van to bring it home and 2 guys too lift it on to stand. Have not moved amp since......

Dan

Masterlu is a guy named Ivan from Florida. I believe he started Audio Aficionado. That signiture is for real, he has an insane system. Knows his stuff too.
He may know his stuff, but he's obviously suffering from delusions of grandeur. You have to go through a lot of crap to find the actual post. Reminds me of something a friend of mine used to say: "You sometimes have to go through a lot of s**t to find diamonds". Glad I'm not on that site.

Back