New CLS Panels

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug033

Reaction score
I’m posting to share my appreciation of Brian and Ron in the service department, who set me up with new panels for my CLS 1's. My speakers are 35 years old and were still working but, after watching this forum, I became concerned about the panel's ultimate longevity, and I didn't want to be the victim of a sudden failure. It took about 2 1/2 months for ML to fabricate the new panels, including the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays. After installing the new panels, I broke them in for around 40 hours by connecting them to my TV, which is on around 6 hours per day. After returning them to the stereo system, I'm happy to report that percussion instruments have more snap and sparkle, vocalists have moved forward from the front wall and more into the room, and the speakers completely disappear on probably 90% of my recordings. Very much worth the expense - I'm enjoying my system more than ever!

How much were the new panels?
My CLS 1's still sound fantastic, but I'm always worried about them starting to fail?

Back