Mixed Theater

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KINGTED

Reaction score
Hi this is my first post on the forum, but I searched fairly extensively and didnt see an answer to my question.

Ive had a pair of Aeons for about 5 years and despite eventhough they arent cheap on my budget, I do not believe anything else I own has brought me as much joy per dollar spent. Not long after I got the Aeons I got a Theater center and pushed my original 4 side speakers from the 5.1 system to be my rear 4 speakers of my 7.1 system.

Im at the point where I want to upgrade main two channels. Im debating a pair of used Vantages or Ascents or Prodigys and pushing my Aeons to the side channels. I know all 3 speakers sound great but havent done a side by side.

The real question is do the new microperf Xstat panels match the older panels? Will a 5.1 system sound better with Theater, Ascents, and Aeons or Theater, Vantages, and Aeons?

thanx
TED

Welcom Ted.

While I don't have the exact models that you have, maybe I can address your question on compatability between the different panel types. I currently have a pair of Vista's up front with a Cinema center channel. The Vista's replaced a pair of Aerius i's. After switching to the Vista's it seemed to me that the Cinema also sounded better and I really don't feel that the sound quality is much of a mismatch between the two. I am thinking about upgrading to a Stage at some point, but that would be more to increase the output, not necessarilly to improve the sound quality.

My recommendation would be to upgrade your mains to the Vantages. I think you may find the Theater will sound even better than it does now.

Just my 2cents.

Chuck

Back