Gridiron Time !!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
College ball is just too hard for me to follow - too damn many teams. I do appreciate the enthusiasm and spirit at the games, by jeesh- there's like 6 million teams, 4500 conferences, an extreemly cryptic national championship system. Who has the time?

You mean there are other conferences than the SEC? Who knew? I guess I would be a little more into pro if I actually had a home team to root for, but I have never been partial to the Titans, the Falcons, or the Saints, and they are the closest to my neck of the woods. As a kid, I rooted for the Cowboys, then I loved the 49ers during the Montana/Young years. But lately, I haven't really been drawn to anyone.

I'll tell you what I really love about High School and College Ball.....Half Time and Marching Bands ! man I love the sound of good Percussion and great Brass !!

Amen to that, Dave. My high school band had the biggest loudest brass section in the whole state. When they played, they would knock you back in the bleachers!

So much for my attempt at thread-jacking. You pro fans are a tough crowd.
Well.... Since my brother went to Auburn and I went to Florida, I was just holding my tongue! :p

Oh yeah, you forgot "'round the bowl and down the hole! FLUSH!" :D

Just got back from my trip to Green Bay to see the Packers play on MNF. For any of you football fans, I highly recommend going to Lambeau for a game if you can... It's just amazing.. and take the tour of Lambeau field also...

What a great experience.

GO PACK GO!

Attachments

• IMG_6076 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_6076 (Medium).JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Tom, are you at Madi Gras or Lambeau ???

Lucky you, you saw a very nice start to A. Rodgers carrer !

Tom, I'm looking for your UFO in the parking lot... we're d'ya put it?:)

Seriously - those specs are BEYOND cool... can you actually SEE anything through them, though?:D

Tom, I'm looking for your UFO in the parking lot... we're d'ya put it?:)

Seriously - those specs are BEYOND cool... can you actually SEE anything through them, though?:D

can't see anything with those on.. it's like looking thru the microwave door...

TomDac, good start

My vikes 6 passing yards really didn't do us much good in the first half.
Rodgers looked pretty calm. The commontators were mentioning he must have learned alot from Favre. That's all I've heard about Lambeau, it's a totally amazing place to see games.

Nice duds. (too much green and yellow though) ha ha

ben:D

My vikes 6 passing yards really didn't do us much good in the first half.
Rodgers looked pretty calm. The commontators were mentioning he must have learned alot from Favre. That's all I've heard about Lambeau, it's a totally amazing place to see games.

Nice duds. (too much green and yellow though) ha ha

ben:D

Hey Ben,

I think you can blame that loss on your coach's playcalling. When you have Adrian Peterson, who cares about passing. I would've ran him all day long and the Vikes probably would have won the game. Not sure what he was thinking.

A close game, though.. great to see Rodgers play well for his first start. I Tivo'ed the game and will watch it tonight when I get home.

I think Mike Shanahan and my Bronco's may be heading to jail. They stole a game today. It was actually a very good game, thrilling to the bitter end, but I'll be honest, Cuttler fumbled at the end and the ref blew the whistle and the call. Gutsy of them to go for 2 points and the win, but in reality the game would have normally ended with San Diego protecting the ball and the win.

Hey, I'll take it though!

Bronco's........2 - 0, Bill's...........2 - 0

Just in case you had not noticed !!

How about the finish after we were down 24-25. That is why you play all 4 quarters.

Yeah.. I started to worry a little bit.. The Lions came out blazing in the 2nd half. Thankfully the Packers responded.

Tom, I gotta tell ya...Mr Rodgers looks "Cooooool under pressure" !!

Yeah, he really does look like a seasoned veteran, huh? Very calm and collected. The more I see him play, the more I like the decision to offload #4.

Another "rebuilding" year for the 'Phins. It wouldn't be so bad if they'd actually $%&*in' rebuild a little bit. :mad: How old is Marino now? I'm sure he could still play if they asked....

Latest posts

Back