Baseball is over....Lets talk FOOTBALL !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definately my favorite sport speaking about Dr. Jeckel / Mr Hyde I missed the first part of the Lions game just who was playing the first half that was winning 17-0

definately my favorite sport speaking about Dr. Jeckel / Mr Hyde I missed the first part of the Lions game just who was playing the first half that was winning 17-0

here is what happened...I turned it on to watch..... then things went south...

That's not good enough, Dave - sorry - the game is Rugby - and real men play it. But you guys dress up in a bunch of girly protective clothing. What is the matter with you? Are you afraid you might get hurt?:devil:

Honestly.;)

As a point of reference my brother-in-law was a three year starter @ Fresno State, 6'5" 280lbs 4.4 forty, 36 inch vertical, repped 350lbs more than 20 times at the combine. Went undrafted, too slow and not strong enough? (Probably too many injuries actually) These guys need protection, they'd KILL the average rugby player. Sorry!

Strictly a 'girlie' sport over here, men do battle on the ice ! and if you want to talk tough...pound for pound one of the toughest athletes EVER..........
#9...Gordie Howe,

Dave,
Are you forgetting about Terry Sawchuk.
Played goalie for many many years with no protective mask.
If memory serves me correct, took over 500 stitches to his face over his career. Also had one arm 2 inches longer than the other, because of a broken arm that healed improperly that he never knew was broken.
One Tough SOB
Also a great great great goalie, I believe he still holds the record for most shutouts.

Pats - Colts next week.

very important game for NE... big game for Colts 9-0 would be huge.

Go Pats !!!

I guess we'll find out in a few hours. Not sure if you know it but for the record the Bronco's have pretty much owned the Steelers - won 13 of the last last 20 meetings. Yeah, I know how bad they spanked us in the AFC Championship a few years ago. That was indeed a dark day.

Still, once you're done crying in your beer tonight I'm afraid you're gonna have to leave town... ;)
sorry man. i love this wonderful place but the Steelers had no mercy. i would say i called the match up to a T.

ill root for the broncos from now on, unless they are playing Pittsburgh.;)

Dave,
Are you forgetting about Terry Sawchuk.

Oh no, not at all Wayne, you are correct one tough if not the toughest net minder ever, sad and tragic death though. Truth be told that era in sports produced ALOT of tough guys !

sorry man. i love this wonderful place but the Steelers had no mercy. i would say i called the match up to a T.

ill root for the broncos from now on, unless they are playing Pittsburgh.;)

It was actually a decent game up through the first possession of the second half. Once the Broncos recoverd Big Ben's fumble and went in for the TD I think it just pi$$ed them off and they went into "Champoinship" mode. I give them credit, they truely played up to their potential while the Bronco's perhaps revealed theirs. Orton's 3 interceptions didn't help and they absolutely couldn't get a running game going so the Steelers only needed to do what they do best and dominate on both sides of the ball. I only wish it could have been a closer game in front of the national audience.

Now they have to worry about the Chargers coming on strong! Let's hope they don't have the same sort of second half of the season collapse that got Shanahan fired last year.

Last edited:
Bills can Juron......it's about time Ralph !!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's next..........Manginni ????

finally.................a Monday Nite game to stay awake for ! I wonder if Belichek has anything else planned for Greg Williams defense ???

Oh.........it was mighty nice to see the Bills "squish the Fish" yesterday !!

finally.................a Monday Nite game to stay awake for ! I wonder if Belichek has anything else planned for Greg Williams defense ???

Oh.........it was mighty nice to see the Bills "squish the Fish" yesterday !!

GO BILLS!!! that was a nice game after the drubbing we took against them in the first matchup.

Thursday night we get to see if we can handle the Jets like we did in the first games OT win

Last edited:
Back