Baseball is over....Lets talk FOOTBALL !

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twich54

Forum Administrator
Reaction score
OK......no time to cry in my beer over my Phillies losing to them damn Yankees....:bowdown: ....were smack dab in the middle of some good footaball.......well, not if your a Bills fan...:eek:

With the season at the mid-point here's my assessment.....

NFC -

Saints- In a word...WOW ! now with colder weather around the corner and plenty of 'film' for opposing def coordinators to study lets see what they do in the second half.

Vikings - Who says that forty year old fart can't play ! pretty solid team all around

Eagles - There test come Sunday nite against Dallas

Cowboys - " " " " " " Eagles

Giants - get healthy or come over and watch the playoffs with me !

Cardinals - ?? anybody got them figured out ??

Packers - sorry Tom, only devine intervention will get them to the Superbowl

Bears - Talk to Bronco fans, regardless way to inconsistent

Atlanta - nice team but not a top tier yet

the rest of the NFC....who cares !!

AFC-

Patriots - Wether you like him or not "BB" is one hell of a coach...Brady's not bad either !

Colts - Coach Dunge left the 'Stable' in very capable hands...Manning's not bad either !

Pittsburgh - They may not have the Yankees number of championships but they are THE organazation in football

Denver - 'Ya think Baltimore exposed anything last week ?? They still can win the West, not that that says much

San Diego - Norv Turner.......need I say any more !

Bengals - every time I think Marvin Lewis is about to get canned they win, stll a second tier team

Baltimore - gotta love Flocco(pround member of those 'ass-kickin' chickens otherwise know as Univ of Delaware) could be an interesting Div to watch between them, Cinci and P'burgh

Houston - you're gettin there...some day soon !

NY Jets - yeah I know they used to play in Yankee Stadium......they ain't the Yankees ! hell Bflo beat 'em !!!!

The rest of the AFC.....who cares ! .... which brings me to my beloved Buffalo Bills.........it's been so long since they 'circled the wagons' that they now need GPS just to find the damn stadium. As much as I respect Ralph Wilson(the only surviving member of the 'Foolish Club' that started the AFL), the game and all it's high dollar cost I think has passed him by. When he dies and the team is sold then maybe past Glory can be restored....but it may not be in Western NY.

Ok fellow football fans...what do you think ??

OK......no time to cry in my beer over my Phillies losing to them damn Yankees....:bowdown: ....were smack dab in the middle of some good footaball.......well, not if your a Bills fan...:eek:

I'm no fan of the sport, but I do have a question: why do people on this side of the pond insist on calling a game where the ball is most often handled by hands (i.e., carried or thrown) "football"? At least in the UK, soccer is called by its proper name of football because, well, the ball is controlled by the players' feet (goalie excepted)... :devil:

Enquiring minds want to know!

hey Rich, simply because the game always begins with the 'foot'...ie the 'kickoff'

Vikings are definitely a very well balanced team. I'd love to see them go all the way and then get SLAMMED in the SuperBowl!! ha! F Brett Favre. He's a douche. I'm glad they boo'ed him last week at Lambeau.

Packers O line sucks this year.. they can't protect Rodgers AT ALL and the have no running game... Defense looks much better this year, however... LOTS of penalties too, which IMHO, makes the games very hard to watch.

Steelers is all i have to say. i buy Ben a gift every yr for christmas.

this team is young and capable to dominate the NFL for yrs.

i was bummed that we couldn't end denvers winning streak on monday night, ray lewis ruins everything....

2009 Pittsburgh was the city of champions!

No - lets talk about hockey.....tim (who lives 20 minutes outside of Detroit).....

Steelers are gonna stomp a new hole in the denver broncos tonight.

Steelers are gonna stomp a new hole in the denver broncos tonight.

I guess we'll find out in a few hours. Not sure if you know it but for the record the Bronco's have pretty much owned the Steelers - won 13 of the last last 20 meetings. Yeah, I know how bad they spanked us in the AFC Championship a few years ago. That was indeed a dark day.

Still, once you're done crying in your beer tonight I'm afraid you're gonna have to leave town... ;)

hey Rich, simply because the game always begins with the 'foot'...ie the 'kickoff'

That's not good enough, Dave - sorry - the game is Rugby - and real men play it. But you guys dress up in a bunch of girly protective clothing. What is the matter with you? Are you afraid you might get hurt?:devil:

Honestly.;)

Honestly!!! our players would kill each other without protective gear the speed and strength of these running backs, wide recievers , safeties, and linebackers is not in the same league with what i have seen of Rugby on TV >

some of these full speed collisions in my opinion could not be tolerated without protective gear.

I do not know why you would call it girlie I played for a few years and would consider it far from
that. watch the video below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7tGY-VDx3o

Last edited:
Trust us Justin the game is anything but 'girly' , yes sometimes the quarterback seems like he's being over protected but as Larry says the size and speed at which they play even protective gear is not always enough, witness the growing number of head injuries.

Although the man is retired I would hate to see what would be left of you if you went up to Mike Singletary (former middle linebacker for the Chgo Bears now Head coach of SF) and called his game 'girly', trust me you would be listening to your Logans through your rectum !!.....that's if you were still breathing !! LOL !!

NEWS FLASH.................... Bills didn't Lose yesterday.........oh that's right we had the day off, regardless a Sunday without a loss, Jaron probably takes that as a vote of confidence !!

Dave you are a funny guy:D man I hate to see my team struggling like this

I guess we'll find out in a few hours. Not sure if you know it but for the record the Bronco's have pretty much owned the Steelers - won 13 of the last last 20 meetings. Yeah, I know how bad they spanked us in the AFC Championship a few years ago. That was indeed a dark day.

Still, once you're done crying in your beer tonight I'm afraid you're gonna have to leave town... ;)

the past means nothing to the contest tonight! i really dont think that denver matches up well against us. their weekest link is the offense and our defense is a rock. the defense is good, but no better than the vikings and we handled them well. i know time will tell, but it doesnt look good for the broncos.

i do love this town despite my none compliance with your sports teams.

the city of champions is coming to the mile high city to teach it a lesson.

Although the man is retired I would hate to see what would be left of you if you went up to Mike Singletary (former middle linebacker for the Chgo Bears now Head coach of SF) and called his game 'girly', trust me you would be listening to your Logans through your rectum !!.....that's if you were still breathing !! LOL !!

He'd just be upset because he'd know that fundamentally, compared to a Rugby player, I was right.

As for Repman's comments, the speed of the collisions is so fast because they know they are covered in protective gear, so it won't hurt much.

Now another real game is hockey (not ice hockey). That ball really does hurt. And a stick in your face or elsewhere is pretty bad too. But then again, boys and girls play that over here.

Having played both extensively, hockey probably hurt more...:devil:

He'd just be upset because he'd know that fundamentally, compared to a Rugby player, I was right.

As for Repman's comments, the speed of the collisions is so fast because they know they are covered in protective gear, so it won't hurt much.

Now another real game is hockey (not ice hockey). That ball really does hurt. And a stick in your face or elsewhere is pretty bad too. But then again, boys and girls play that over here.

I think you should take a look at the video I attached

The blows delivered by a proffesional Rugby player and the blow delivered by a professional football player

the rugby player delivered 1600 ft /lb of force and the football player delivered 4800 ft/lbs of force more than double even in protective gear that is like being in a car wreck

Hm... American video made with American rugby players? And why is the US football player running into a dummy, whereas the US rugby players are running into each other? I know if I was running into a dummy, rather than a real person, I'd hit it harder - unless the dummy was made of brick.

Anyway, as noted by Tom, I have far too much time on my hands. Whilst I didn't at the time, I do have a week off doing nowt. Let's call it a truce:)

Hm... American video made with American rugby players? And why is the US football player running into a dummy, whereas the US rugby players are running into each other? I know if I was running into a dummy, rather than a real person, I'd hit it harder - unless the dummy was made of brick.

Anyway, as noted by Tom, I have far too much time on my hands. Whilst I didn't at the time, I do have a week off doing nowt. Let's call it a truce:)

You made my point no one can stand there and take a hit like that without pads

Okay Truce

Strictly a 'girlie' sport over here, men do battle on the ice ! and if you want to talk tough...pound for pound one of the toughest athletes EVER..........
#9...Gordie Howe, as well as one of the most talented Hockey players to ever lace up a pair of skates.

Ok....back to football......what happened to those 'Birds' last nite ???? man-o-man is Donavan a 'Dr Jeckel / Mr hyde' or what ???

Back