First speaker audiogasm experience?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the son of a Juliard-trained concert pianist, so solo piano music is my reference. I was in the the ML dealers showroom here in Atlanta back in '91, and without knowing what the speakers were, I heard what sounded like a live Steinway grand playing in one of the rooms. Of course, that drew me in to see if it was real or a speaker.

It was a speaker, which turned out to be a pair of MartinLogan Monoliths playing the reference Recordings CD of Nojima Plays Liszt.

That was my first major eargasm, I had been fooled, from another room no less, that a real piano was in that room. it was magic.

Within two years I had Sequels, and within another five, I had Monoliths. Never looked back since then. eargasms on demand now ;)

Bill, it was a year later.....my own system ......... Dahlquist DQ-10's / Hafler power, Kenwood KD-500tt,SME, Grace f9e super

Hey Dave,

The DQ10 was my first "hi end" speaker. Powered by the trusty Tandberg 2 X 100 watt receiver.

Did you buy the Sequerra "cyclops" ribbon tweeter when you had them?

Gordon

Back