New center speaker with F100s?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawk

Reaction score
Last summer I replaced my 60xt mains with a pair of F100s, and I've been delighted. But, I'm still using my 50xt center speaker. At $1500, I'm not sure replacing it with a C100 is a value proposition. Any opinions or experience on this replacement?

Well, the C100 is pretty similar at first glance. But it does have a wave guide for the tweeter which sets the tweeter back a little, which is probably an improvement. But other than these differences, it seems like only a small step forward. But you never know for certain unless you try it.

The only center speaker in the ML lineup that will be a huge leap up from any of the models other than the C34A is the Focus C18. The gains are there to be had when comparing the other center speakers to one another, but the difference in sound will be incremental. The painful part of where we are today is that the prices are way higher now than last year!

I agree with you that the C100 may not be worth the money for the upgrade in sound vs what you now have.

I would contact Shawn here that owns DaVinci ,he has the best prices around. That might help you make up your mind.

Back