Can't find that music?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtwrace

Reaction score
About one year ago when I was listening to Sirius Coffeehouse (Ch. 30). I heard Matchbox 20 an acoustic version of 3:am. I couldn't find it.....I just got it.

the purpose of this thread is what are you trying to find?

i had a copy of Wall of Voodoo doing "Mexican Radio" (and a few other tunes) live. lost the tape. never found it again.

Many years ago there was a VW commercial with a very cool song on it. I eventually found out that it was by a band call Master Cylinder. Years of searching went by and I gave up having never found the song. I probably should take another look.

My dad once had a yellow cassette tape of some synthesised music that I thought was great. He alleged that it had never been released, and we referred to it as "Voyage". The tape case had a label, with what looked like a track listing and catalogue number on it.

After years of looking, I finally heard one of the tracks being used as background music in a presentation, so I wrote to the people who put the presentation together to find out what it was. Unfortunately, they had no idea--the music was taken from one of those compilation a;bums that's made up for exactly this sort of thing, and was made several years before my enquiry.

Fast forward another few years. I hear another track from that album on a newly produced video. So I contacted its producers and met with the same answer: they got the music form some generic soundtrack record.

In the end, I decided to try searching for the (now very faded) what appeared to be track listing in google, and voila! The full details of the record from which the tracks came showed up. Another quick search later, and I not only found someone willing to sell me their vinyl copy but a new copy on CD too. I bought the record (of course!) and two copies of the latter, one of which I gave to my dad. By the time I finally got a copy, I'd been looking for nearly 20 years, most of which I didn't even know what I was looking for!

I still have that tape here somewhere, but of course it doesn't get played. I just keep it for sentimental reasons.

Oh, in case anyone is wondering, the LP is Voyage by Brian Bennett (ex drummer from The Shadows), and the two tracks used in the soundtracks were the title track and Ocean Glide.

Last edited:
Back