Are These Speakers Even Legal... Is The A Lawyer In The House???

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Euro is not 2 for one... Last I checked it was $1.3 to 1Euro... been awhile so I guess it could be up a bit, but it should be about $20k US...

Ah, I was guessing it was still closer to the Pound than it was to our dollar :)

www.xe.com says it's $17,358 ;)

The question is, does it sound close to $10,000 better than Summits?

Futuristic ~ Gallo Acoustic Ref. 3 System...

:p A minimalist high-end speaker system to be sure... :D

Attachments

• Graham Engineering 2.1 System.jpg
    Graham Engineering 2.1 System.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 1,213
Last edited:
Zoweeee! MM3 System Musica....

MM3's are very big with beautiful cabinets... :band: I wonder how they sound with the wonderful DarTZeel NHB-18NS preamp ~ $23K combined with the DarTZeel NHB-108 Model One amp. ~ $18K, with the EMM Labs / Meitner CD/SACD source ~ $10K? :drool: :cheers:

Attachments

• MM3 System.jpg
    MM3 System.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,256
  • MM3 system - another side.jpg
    MM3 system - another side.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,511
  • MM3 System - Side view.jpg
    MM3 System - Side view.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,133
  • MM3 System - Gear.jpg
    MM3 System - Gear.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,408
MM3's are very big with beautiful cabinets..I wonder how they sound with the wonderful DarTZeel NHB-18NS preamp combined with the DarTZeel NHB-108 Model One amp, with the EMM Labs / Meitner CD/SACD source ?

Robin, before listening to this system and finding out how it sounds, you'd better wear one of <a href="http://www.depend.com/products/products_all.asp" target="_blank">these</a>...

Very Funny....

Robin, before listening to this system and finding out how it sounds, you'd better wear one of <a href="http://www.depend.com/products/products_all.asp" target="_blank">these</a>...
lugano,

Hahahaha... :D That was a good one... Although, I think you maybe quite correct, when it comes to the MM3 system... :D

Sorry...

Robin, I don't see anything from Graham in this photograph. The speakers you are showing here are the Gallo Acoustic's Reference's...
Tim,

You are quite correct... :eek: those are Gallo Acoustic Ref 3's... I can't tell what the Graham Engineering 2.1 is in reference to, sorry. :confused: I'll change my above post. :eek:

Thank you for the sharp eye... :)

Tim,

You are quite correct... :eek: those are Gallo Acoustic Ref 3's... I can't tell what the Graham Engineering 2.1 is in reference to, sorry. :confused: I'll change my above post. :eek:

Thank you for the sharp eye... :)

There may ba a Graham tonearm on that turntable, but my tired old eyes can't make it out enough to say.

FWIW, the Gallo's a very nice speakers for the price.

A Truly Stunning ~ Sound Lab A3 System...

:drool: Sound Lab make exquisit full range just electrostatic (non-hybird) speakers. :drool:
:D This system employ's Manley Labs 250 tubed mono-blocks connected to the Sound Lab A3's... :drool:

Attachments

• Sound Lab A3 System.jpg
    Sound Lab A3 System.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 3,858
MM3's are very big with beautiful cabinets... :band: I wonder how they sound with the wonderful DarTZeel NHB-18NS preamp ~ $23K combined with the DarTZeel NHB-108 Model One amp. ~ $18K, with the EMM Labs / Meitner CD/SACD source ~ $10K? :drool: :cheers:

I had given some initial comments on these Evolution Acoustics MM-3 speakers from my coverage of the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest last fall. At the show they were really not as impressive as you might think, even when driven by similar daRtzeel and EMM Labs electronics. Maybe it was just the show environment, but while the system was certainly capable of some staggaring dynamics, it wasn't exactly my cup of tea on the detail front.

The system in your picture looks pretty amazing though Robin. I'd like to hear them again in a well burned in, well set up system in a real room...:rolleyes:

I think these are speakers that Mike Lavigne's actually got in his listening room now - not the big Von Schwikerts

Attachments

• Evolution01.jpg
    Evolution01.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 1,221
Last edited:
MM3 Speakers...

I had given some initial comments on these Evolution Audio speakers from my coverage of the Rocky Mountain Audio fest last fall. At the show they were really not as impressive as you might think, even when driven by similar daRtzeel and EMM Labs electronics. Maybe it was just the show environment, but while the system was certainly capable of some staggaring dynamics, it wasn't exactly my cup of tea on the detail front.

The system in your picture looks pretty amazing though Robin. I'd like to hear them again in a well burned in, well set up system in a real room...:rolleyes:

I think these are speakers that Mike Lavigne's actually got in his listening room now - not the big Von Schwikerts
Tim,

I would love to hear them propperly set-up / burned-in as well... :cheers:

Excellent photo of yours too, by-the-way... :D

:drool: Sound Lab make exquisit full range just electrostatic (non-hybird) speakers. :drool:
:D This system employ's Manley Labs 250 tubed mono-blocks connected to the Sound Lab A3's... :drool:

Wow....BIG electrostatics with quite a bit of curvature to the panels. I'll bet you get some fantastic imaging with these....

T-

I wanna hear those Evolution MM3! They look like the old corded home telephones though....

Heheheh....

I knew I'd seen this recently, as I'd mentioned above Mr. Mike Lavigne (the guy with the legendary room/barn). has swapped out the big Von Schweigerts for the Evolution Acoustics MM-3's as well.

Must make a point of listening to these again sometime...

Attachments

• LEVIGNEmm3-1.jpg
    LEVIGNEmm3-1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,113
  • LEVIGNEmm3-2.jpg
    LEVIGNEmm3-2.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 3,430
I knew I'd seen this recently, as I'd mentioned above Mr. Mike Lavigne (the guy with the legendary room/barn). has swapped out the big Von Schweigerts for the Evolution Acoustics MM-3's as well.

Must make a point of listening to these again sometime...

Tim,

He's getting the VR11s in ADDITION to the MM3... but he swapped out the 2nd in command VR9s for the MM3.

That guy.... is nutso!

Joey

Latest posts

Back