Very happy with ETC spikes on CLSIIAs

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raanan

Reaction score
Received the ETC spikes from ML a few hours ago.Previously using the original spikes ca. 1986.
Speakers have been "transformed."An order of magnitude more resolution-lows ,mids and highs.
I expected a small change.This is much more than I expected.

Raanan,

Glad you found a tweak that produced big dividends for you.

I still owe you an album. Email me off-line with a title.

Kind Regards, Larry

Vibrations / Very Very Bad

I've been somewhat maniac in finding ways of reducing vibrations.

Even small amounts on any piece of hardware can significantly impact the sound in a very negative way.

I believe what you heard was the result of your speakers being more solidly supported thereby reducing speaker / floor induced vibration effects.

I would advise anyone to look at all existing and potential sources of vibrations that can be transmitted to any piece of hardware and eliminate the vibration.

It is the proverbial lifting of blankets off of your speakers and a resultant dramatic increase in performance.

There are numerous products available that can attenuate vibration induced distortion.

GG

I've been somewhat maniac in finding ways of reducing vibrations.

Even small amounts on any piece of hardware can significantly impact the sound in a very negative way.

I believe what you heard was the result of your speakers being more solidly supported thereby reducing speaker / floor induced vibration effects.

I would advise anyone to look at all existing and potential sources of vibrations that can be transmitted to any piece of hardware and eliminate the vibration.

It is the proverbial lifting of blankets off of your speakers and a resultant dramatic increase in performance.

There are numerous products available that can attenuate vibration induced distortion.

GG

Gordon, excellent points. I like the spikes on the speakers vs other after market footers. For the electronics, the Finite Elemente and Stillpoints are amazing. HUGE improvements in dynamics.

Hi Dave,

I really do wonder how many members are aware of the deleterious effects of not addressing vibration induced distortion.

As you know, there are so many products that can help for relatively very few dollars. The cost / benefit ratio can be absolutely silly.

GG

Hi Dave,

I really do wonder how many members are aware of the deleterious effects of not addressing vibration induced distortion.

As you know, there are so many products that can help for relatively very few dollars. The cost / benefit ratio can be absolutely silly.

GG

Great statement ! Small things can make great improvements for little $$. Its the things we overlook a lot or take for granted.

Latest posts

Back