Vantages on Audiogon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macallan

Reaction score
Thoughts on buying Logan's used on Audiogon? I have purchased amplifiers and a DAC second hand and had a good experience but fear something as fragile as an electrostat could pose a problem. Thoughts on buying Vantages of Audiogon? I would like to spend less than 5K for new speakers which puts the Ethos out of the range. Would used Vantages ($2,500) be a good idea?

If you really have 5K to spend, I have seen Summits and Spires for under 5K on AudioGon. I live on AudioGon, so there are always other Martin Logans on there. There was a really nice pair of Odysseys for around 3K just a short time ago. Be patient and you can get a much nicer set for your budget.

As long as the seller has all the boxes and packaging, you should be fine to have them shipped.

Note that ML warranty is non-transferrable - and buying anything used that you are unable to personally evaluate first does not come without risks. Having said that, I've bought/sold many items through Agon and had only a few unpleasant experiences.

Properly packaged (and assuming good working condition to begin with), I don't think stat panels are any more prone to damage than other types of speakers.

In the end, I agree with Fox... see what you can do to buy higher up into the line - you will not be sorry (assuming your goods arrive unscathed).

Cheers

Audiogon Purchases

I bought my reQuests on Audiogon, drove a couple of hours to pick them up,
(seller did not have boxes) carefully packed them myself in my pickup.
They have worked perfectly in my home for the last several years. It seems
from my experience, Audiogon sellers have a fairly high standard for reliability.
Asking for a return policy might also give you some peace of mind.

I got a brand new of Spires two months ago for about $5K from an ML dealer. PM me if interested.

Back