SL3 crossover - power outage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Auggy Daddy

Reaction score
Hello fellow music lovers,

I have a pair of SL3's and the left speaker's LED went out, followed by the speaker volume dropping to near inaudibility. I'm pretty sure the power supply has failed. I pulled the crossover (nice work, Joe Voicko!) and the fuse was intact. I want to fix it myself, if possible.

Is there anybody here with a knowledge of how to troubleshoot an SL3 crossover and replace a faulty part?

I am already going into post-audiophile depression! Help me, brothers!

Might be 'just' the music sensor not working. I would start by un-doing and cleaning the wires and re-tightening all the screw terminals inside and wiggle the 14-pin IC. Good thing you have a working one to compare with. Sorry I can't help you more at this point. Might need to ping JonFo...

Last edited:
Hello fellow music lovers,

I have a pair of SL3's and the left speaker's LED went out, followed by the speaker volume dropping to near inaudibility. I'm pretty sure the power supply has failed. I pulled the crossover (nice work, Joe Voicko!) and the fuse was intact. I want to fix it myself, if possible.

Is there anybody here with a knowledge of how to troubleshoot an SL3 crossover and replace a faulty part?

I am already going into post-audiophile depression! Help me, brothers!
Hola... you need to change the power supply board. It is the same high-voltage supplier also. Usually, if you want to check the input at the xformer, 117 AC at the input pins, and around 100V at the secondary. If you have less, then you have to change this xformer. This voltage will be multiplied by the circuit for the stat panels...hope this can help...happy listening,
Roberto.

Latest posts

Back