reQuest's?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippieboy

Reaction score
I currently own a pair of Sequel II's for a few years now. I am very happy with them. I purchased new panels through ML a few years back and recapped the crossovers about a year ago. I have a neighbor that has a pair of reQuest for sale. I need a bit more bottom end or bass. This is the only reason why I am entertaining the reQuest. I have a small house (2 bedrooms and is 750 square feet total) I have tried a few different subwoofers and many, many placement positions. I just don't have the room for a Sub. in the correct place that works in the listening area. . My Sequel II's have 10" woofers but the reQuest have 12" woofers. I am aware it is more than just the size of the woofers. My Sequels dip to 28 HZ and the request dip to 30 HZ.
Any opinions on the reQuests?

Do you own the house, or just renting? I have heard that there are some very good in wall subwoofers these days.

Paradigm has some, as do other manufacturers. These are all very affordable too. One here claims to go down to 17 HZ.

Paradigm® | In-wall subwoofers

These guys make inwall speakers for a living, and probably do a good job on subs. Speakercraft. I have some of their inwalls for my surround speakers and have been very happy with them. They have a lifetime warranty too. I have a pair of their outdoor rock speakers that went bad after many years and I brought them into my dealer and got a brand new set for free ! The rest of my house has them as in ceiling speakers and they have been flawless. I have zero experience with in wall subs though.

SpeakerCraft Dual 8-in (200mm) In-Wall Subwoofer | SpeakerCraft

Latest posts

Back