Original Sequel Upgrades?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DPD

Reaction score
I have a pair of original Sequels that have had the stat panels upgrade to the SL3 panels.

However, everything else (as far as I know, I'm the 2nd owner) is still original.

Are there any other upgrades to the crossover, woofer, or anything else that can/should be undertaken?

I have a pair of original Sequels that have had the stat panels upgrade to the SL3 panels.

However, everything else (as far as I know, I'm the 2nd owner) is still original.

Are there any other upgrades to the crossover, woofer, or anything else that can/should be undertaken?

I talked to Jim Power about that regarding mine, and his recommendation for upgrades (open budget) was to shield the electronics from dust.

I talked to Jim Power about that regarding mine, and his recommendation for upgrades (open budget) was to shield the electronics from dust.
The electronics can be cleaned if they do become dirty. I used Windex and a toothbrush on mine, per Jim, and they cleaned up beautifully.

This or something like it is what he said was needed. I wound up not buying the new panels yet so I haven't researched this to see if I trust it.

Is there any reason why one couldn't or shouldn't replace the Sequel crossover with the Sequel II crossover?

I asked specifically if upgrading any components in the electronics would be beneficial, explained to him that I'm an EE and no stranger to a soldering iron. When I get home I can copy the email.

Back