Oppo BDP-105 AND BDP-103 Announced at CEDIA.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asindc

Reaction score
There is an anticipation thread on these over at avsforum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1428214/official-oppo-bdp-103-bdp-105-anticipation-thread

The most significant announced changes so far for the 105, from an audiophile perspective: Digital inputs (USB, coaxial, optical), headphone amp, fanless, and reportedly (unconfirmed) larger power supply built by Oppo. The USB input will be asychronous and 24/192. No specs on the DACs yet.

On the video side, the most significant change for both players is the addition of 4K Video capability and an HDMI input on the front that will accept mobile HDMI devices.

Last edited:
There is an anticipation thread on these over at avsforum:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1428214/official-oppo-bdp-103-bdp-105-anticipation-thread

The most significant announced changes so far for the 105, from an audiophile perspective: Digital inputs (USB, coaxial, optical), headphone amp, fanless, and reportedly (unconfirmed) larger power supply built by Oppo. The USB input will be asychronous and 24/192. No specs on the DACs yet.

On the video side, the most significant change for both players is the addition of 4K Video capability and an HDMI input on the front that will accept mobile HDMI devices.

That fanless bit is what I was waiting for! I don't like noise coming from any of my gear.

The digital inputs are a huge PLUS, allowing use it as an outboard DAC. However, it remains to be seen (heard) how well it competes as such. There is also rumor it will support DSD via USB. I wonder how much more the 105 will cost vs. the $995 BDP-95?

Dammit! I just got my 95 hahaha. Thats technology for you I suppose. Maybe I can sell my 95 when the 105 comes out and just upgrade myself for a couple hundred bucks

A quote from a recent post at avsforum: "...the BDP-105 will use the same ESS Sabre32 Reference DACs as the BDP-95. The BDP-105 employs a new board layout that has improved the analog audio path."

The 105 looks quite compelling, especially with the digital inputs, headphone amp, and upgraded power supply and analog outputs. They are also saying it will support DLNA rendering, so you can stream from a NAS and remotely control. Kinda wishing I had held off on my recent Bel Canto DAC 3.5VB purchase! :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back