MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonergan2468

Reaction score
I am a new member, and my name is Tim. I live in London.

Last edited:
Welcome.......I'm an old member, my name is Dave, I don't live in London.

Hey Tim,

welcome to the site. Glad to have you here. What kind of system are you running?

Tom.

Thanks

Soon martin Logan Quest Z to replace Monitor Audio GR20

Project RPM10/RPM10cc tonearm/ ATOC9
CD Spark Cayin 17
AMPS Audiolab 8000Q pre/ Audiolab 8000M monoblocks x 4
Interconnects/ loudspeaker cables stereovox firebird/nordost/ audionote ANVSPX

Tim, again...welcome, glad to have another vinyl junkie amongst us !

Tim, again...welcome, glad to have another vinyl junkie amongst us !

Thank you
Yes indeed I prefer good ole records. I grew up in the seventies in Ireland, and then in Ireland hifi was quite expensive; therefore if you lived near the border of Ulster it was practical to go across and purchase what ever you could as it was cheaper (British prices, same as UK) I was brought up in South Tipperary which is way down in the deep south. My father managed to get a very good hifi as he was a classical music lover. The record deck was a Garrad/BSR type with a fantastic delicate pickup, and I have never seen one since, and all in a nice homemade plinth. The amp was a Bush, the speakers Philips (shelf mount)
Back then it was a very decent sounding system. I just could never get tuned to digital (CD) obviously being conditioned with a good analogue medium through my teens. Vinyl is going to come back bigger time, HELL! even the kids are beginning to see the light. My nineteen year old son prefers it,he has a Michell Syncro/RB250, and a Technics 150.
E Bay is good for vinyl as well.

A hearty welcome from myself as well. Really enjoyed reading about your hi-fi journey and you affection (afliction?) for vinyl. As a die hard vinyl guy myself it's always good talking with another believer.

You should get your system posted in the member section as soon as you land those Quests!

Regards!

Latest posts

Back