New Member in Birmingham AL

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhpcope

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm new to the site, but a long time reader of the fine posts on here.
Listed below is a partial list of the equipment in my main system.

Turntable, Acoustic Signature Analog 1 MK ll, Modified
Arm, Rega 300, Modified
Cartridge, Denon DL-301 II
Player, Denon DVD-5910 CI
Front Speakers, Martin Logan Prodigies
C. C. Speaker, NHT Classic 3
Surround Speakers, Boston Acoustics, Athena, Focal
Processor, Yamaha RX-V661
Phono Preamp, McIntosh C-26
EQ, ART 355
Crossover, DBX 223
Cables, Assorted
Power amps, Front, Parasound A23s
Power amp, CC, McIntosh MC-2100
TV, Sony 60" LCD rear projection

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 129
nice system I have always admired the living room setup. dedicated rooms are nice but you have it all setup right where you are most of the time :^)

welcome to the club

Welcome to the Club. Great to have another member from my home state. Nice looking system.

Welcome as well, always nice to have another analog fan in the group !

Hi and :welcome:

Good to have another member in the Southeast.

Where do you use the DBX crossover?

The DBX is doing duty between the woofer section and the Panel on the Prodigy. The sub is using its own internal xover and the Prodigy amp is being fed from the high pass output from the sub crossover. (12db/octave if I'm not mistaken). I tried using another 24db/octave electronic xover I had laying around to feed the sub and the woofer section amp but I didn't like the sound as well as this arrangement.

The DBX is doing duty between the woofer section and the Panel on the Prodigy. The sub is using its own internal xover and the Prodigy amp is being fed from the high pass output from the sub crossover. (12db/octave if I'm not mistaken). I tried using another 24db/octave electronic xover I had laying around to feed the sub and the woofer section amp but I didn't like the sound as well as this arrangement.

Very cool :cool:

Have you bypassed the internal passive crossover on the prodigies?

Ever been tempted by a DBX DriveRack 260? they really work wonders.

Acually the internal xovers are still in operation. That leaves me crossing at the design frequency, but that gives a 36 db per octave slope which has cleared up a great deal of low level garbage in the area from crossover up to about 1500 - 2K to my ear. The other issues are that the speakers stay stock (resale) and I am sure that all of the fun and games that ML is playing with Force Forward stays in tact.

And yes, the rack drive 260 is very interesting looking piece of equipment!

Back