Mosaic versus Clarity / Scenario / Source

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slgarris

Reaction score
Hi All,

Curious on this one. I have owned a few MLs - Aerius i, Montage and Mosaic. I moved form the Aerius to the Mosaic because they just did not sound right after moving them to a hardwood floor, plaster wall room. Acoustic treatment or another room is not an option. I had spent plenty of time adjusting location and levels of the aerius.. I miss the stators and have been thinking about getting back into them, but a smaller set. I just do not want the high reflection and dullness that I experienced with new location to return. The mosiacs are great, but are lacking transparency and soundstage. I would like change back to a clarity, scenario or source. Any thoughts on which might address the past issues?

Although I have had quite a few upstream setups with the ML,s the current is: Nordost cabling, Arcam A90 int and DV88 source. Panamax power/line. Brutal honesty preferred and thanks!

I have had the Scenario and am now running the Clarity. Definitely Clarity over Scenario for wider and deeper soundstage and the Scenario has such a small sweet spot. The Clarity fills the room.

To be honest, why not consider the Vista. Pretty much the same footprint with a newer and bigger stat.
If you had reflection problems before, note sure another stat will be better unless you can position differently.

Good luck on your final choice.

I'm finding with my Mosaics that because they are so much easier to place than stats, that they actually sound better than my Vistas did because my room is weird and the Mosaics play nicer in the room than the Vistas ever could.

Back