Montage help!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a user of what I consider to be a very noteworthy planar speaker for many years now. I own a pair of Museatex Melior2 point source planars, which just seem bulletproof and wonderful for the mostpart. Problem is, I am in the final stages of completing a new family room/daddy's ht room, and the placement sensitivity and footprint of my beloved planars is driving my wife to the boiling point. I've convinced myself that a new flavor could be fun (and there'll be a larger house, w/more rooms, etc., some day - heck, maybe I'll even store my interesting trapezoids!).

I've been EXTREMELY impressed w/a couple of pairs of in-wall speakers which I've obtained for the HT project. They are Bohlender Graebener (PDR 6's & 8's). The airiness and definition is undeniable. Since learning that the MONTAGE and MOSAIC models used the same (NEO 3 PDR) drivers as my in-walls, I've decided that I could switch up to a small footprint Montage (probably, as the Mosaic seem to be gone - as well as a bit more dubious as to their success/recipe/crossover(s) of drivers). Of course I could also purchase a pair of the BG radia z7 column speakers, albeit sight unheard.

The day is coming when true ML stats are found around the homestead, but for this 'tide me over' period, I wonder if someone can offer some good feedback on: Montage, Mosaic, BG z7 OR the ever-popular - 'talk the guy into true stats, regardless of the constraints'- ploy.

Thanks for any feedback!:confused:

Back