Hullo All! Newbie Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pampam

Reaction score
Hi there all

Great to have found this wonderful forum. Have been lurking and enjoyed much of the information, members' systems and lotsa helpful tips.

One of the main reasons i found this forum was because I was searching for answers to revive a pair of old Sequel ll I bought used a month ago. When I got it, the panels were all bass with very little treble output. Fortunately the vacuuming tips from forum members helped. Now I was hearing some of the ML's glory :)

Still there is a problem I hope members can enlighten me on. The output from the right side of the panels seem to have sound but not on the left side. This is the case for both the speakers...so when I listen to them the sound is always loud on the left speaker. Swapping position with the other speaker of course will be the same since it is the right side of the panel that is having output.
Initially i thought it was my amp but then when I switched amps, it was still the same.

My newbie question:

Does ML speakers have R & L orientation? If so maybe one of speakers have wrong wiring internally or something???

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks. I look weird sitting on the right side of my sofa to try to get a central image :)) haha...still ..I love the how the ML sounds. Apology for the length of 1st post :music:

Last edited:
No go.

ML does not have R L orientation I would suggest having them looked at, by a authorized dealer or repair center. As long as you have ruled - out any other potential problems, but I can't imagine what would cause that in a panel. Does not sound good to me.
Lots of folks on this site that "have it going on" I'm sure you will get good advice.

Doug - out

If a panel vacuum helped, try it again...and again and again untill you are not getting a noticeable improvement.

If you feel you still need improvement, my guess is it needs a wash since you have already stated that the vacuuming is improving the situation.

After all that, you still may just simply need new panels-Do you know exactly how used they are? Remember, sitting in a garage for 3 years not being used counts just as much--maybe more since they are not being maintained!

Dominick

Will try wash :)

Former owner had it in darkened air conditioned dedicated hifi room. Was not played for 3 months before I bought it.

Checked with owner.... he has never vacuumed it before nor washed it....so this coming weekend the stats will be dismantled and taken for a wash. Unplugged now for discharge :) Will update once done.

Thanks for the tips

pampam

Last edited:
Back