How to better my music enjoyment????

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmstpierre

Reaction score
Hi all,
My current set up consists of a yamaha rxa2020 receiver feeding a pair of w4s mono amps to a pair of theos. At the moment I use my apple tv to stream all my music from my iTunes library which is stored onto a Mac mini, via hdmi to the yamaha receiver.
The room has also been treated and I am in the process of deciding on a sub.

I am a bit over the apple tv for music listening, as it takes a while to find my library, sometimes decided to work and sometimes comes up with iTunes unavailable.....
So I am convinced that I will buy a proper device to play and listen to my music.
My question is how much more money should I spend to better the dac I. The yamaha rxa 2020.
So far, I like the idea of getting a Chordette QuteHD (DSD) DAC or a w4s dac2.
My other option would be to go for a streamer but unsure where to start looking and at what price range.?
I don t want something that s going to be an overkill for the system I have nor an underkill.
Even if I don t use any digital input of the rxa2020 and feed it a analogs signal for let s say a streamer or dac, will there still be a ADC along the receiver, or that audio signal should pretty well be left untouched and unprocessed.
All your advice will be greatly appreciated.
Regards
John

Hi Amey,
indeed that can smooth things over a little. you see , m a french expat and enjoy a bottle with a movie and music. cheese as well of course.just miss the nice baguette a lot. can t beleive the price of a baguette here.something like $4. What a rip off. i even find french import wine to be on part with the french prices but the baguette...
anyway, back to my topic.. i am starting to look at something line a naim preamp/streamer,but not sure if they mate well if any other brands of power amp or need to be mated to naim.
by the way, do you know if i put an analogue signal thru the receiver if there will be any type of conversion at all. would i be better getting rid of the receiver and just go apple mac mini, naim streamer,power amp and theos.will this imrpove things a lot?
regards

Hi Amey,
indeed that can smooth things over a little. you see , m a french expat and enjoy a bottle with a movie and music. cheese as well of course.just miss the nice baguette a lot. can t beleive the price of a baguette here.something like $4. What a rip off. i even find french import wine to be on part with the french prices but the baguette...
anyway, back to my topic.. i am starting to look at something line a naim preamp/streamer,but not sure if they mate well if any other brands of power amp or need to be mated to naim.
by the way, do you know if i put an analogue signal thru the receiver if there will be any type of conversion at all. would i be better getting rid of the receiver and just go apple mac mini, naim streamer,power amp and theos.will this imrpove things a lot?
regards

Everything is a rip off here!

I'm not familiar with your receiver. It may or may not convert to digital - some do so it is definitely possible - and may depend on the settings you are using. However I'd always get rid of receivers - they are not audiophile.

Back