Hi to all

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehoove

Reaction score
I just replaced my Magnepan MG1.6QR's with a pair of Martin Logan SL3's, and stumbled onto this forum. From a scan of the posts, seems to be a great place to gather and share Martin Logan experiances The SL3's are not totaly dialed in yet but show huge promise! Glad to be here!
Regards,
Jim

I'm just outside of Frederick.

Last Saturday night I sold my Magnepan MG1.6QR's to a nice gentleman anticipating picking up a nice pair of 3.5's the next day. Due to terrible weather I put off delivery in the morning to see if the weather cleared. When it did I called the buyer only to find out He sold them to someone else for an offer he could not refuse. So much for character!
Going back to my kick a** system of the 70's I decided to pursue the electrostatic approach, and stumbled on a pristine pair of Martin Logan SL3's. So after a 6 hour round trip to pick them up, they are up and running and damn are they fast. The built in 10 inch subwoofer integrates well and they are not as in your face as the Mg1.6's. I really liked the maggies, but what I,m hearing with no tweaking of position etc is quite phenominal. I figured I could buy these at a good price and move up to the MG 3.6,s when the dedicated sound room is done in a month or so, but I'm not sure at this point whether I will pursue that or not. Damn this hobby of ours in so much fun:banana::banana:
Regards,
Jim

Welcome. A friendly group here for sure! We have a lot of fun and really enjoy our audio experience! You will LOVE your ML's! They are awesome speakers! I have been enjoying ML's for almost 10 years now I guess! They ROCK!

ehoove,

Welcome to the nut house. You will find lots of opinions and lots great advice. I see you have a Thorens 125MkII. We may have to talk since I have one too. :D

As always have fun and enjoy the music!

Jeff:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
ehoove,

Welcome to the nut house. You will find lots of opinions and lots great advice. I see you have a Thorens 125MkII. We may have to talk since I have one too. :D

As always have fun and enjoy the music!

Jeff:cool:

Sounds great, I really like my 125Mk II. I Bought it new in the early 70,s and sold it to a friend then reaquired it back 3 years ago. Great table!!
Regards,
Jim

Welcome! I retired from the D.C. area last year to the wonderful state of Texas! I used to sail on the beautiful Chesapeake, one of my favorite things to do in the area. I wonder if they have finished the Wilson Bridge?

Welcome! I retired from the D.C. area last year to the wonderful state of Texas! I used to sail on the beautiful Chesapeake, one of my favorite things to do in the area. I wonder if they have finished the Wilson Bridge?
I believe so and also the 95/395/495 interchange

Yeah, Wilson Bridge is finally done. I cross it regularly on the weekends.

Looks like the MD contingency is getting stronger by the week...watch out Chicago Region... :p

Latest posts

Back