help~! New Stators bent!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lpaudio2

Reaction score
I just got my new stators and they look like this.... odd that both sides are like that though, and both panels are like it.... I noticed that the fan support shipping things were at the ends and not in the middle, so the center of the panel was not supported during shipping....

logan is checking to see if thats normal... they are not sure.

EDIT: they are flat in the center too, which is even odder....

Attachments

• IMG_0146 1.jpg
    IMG_0146 1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 174
its just so odd they are bent on the sides and not in the middle, and that they are bent in the same spot.... but I cant imagine why they should be bent either...

All of them have a bit of wave down the sides as they are not connected . That seems a bit much but it doesn't mean they wont flatten out with the rails holding them down. Look for wrinkling along the spars and if there is none hook them up and see. It cant hurt ! If they are not right ML will gladly take them back.

you post made me feel a WHOLE lot better. Im so excited to have balanced sound again!!!

Ive read everything from 100 hours to 6 months of break-in. How long would you estimate till i'm at 85%, is it like some gear where the first 40 hours is hard to listen to, after than you are "most of the way" and things gradually improve.

Glad I could ease your mind. I have replaced over 5 pairs on diferent sets and none were ruler flat!

Leave them playing at low volumes even when you are not listening. I would say 40 hrs is a bit but don't sweat it. The cool thing is they are newer prolly clear spars that are a bit more efficient. You may need a few room tweaks but overall you will be back to sonic happiness!

Check for wrinkles in the membrane, that is the main thing. Wrinkles mean dead spots in the panel, and worse, the possibility of kazooing - if not immediately, at a later stage.

What did ML say?

They look smooth... I'll inspect better later. Have about 10 hours in so far and HOLY CRAP its like sonic bliss even now.

Unfortunately no clear spars for re-quests - the panels are too big.

The ones that came off were not straight either and one panel was separated somewhat.

I am in love with the speakers, and I already was. Whoever wants them... can pry them from my cold dead hands!

edit and wow my hand is hairy. LMAO

Latest posts

Back